differences between a 2006 & 2009 keyfit

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have a July 2006 and a February 2009 keyfit. I thought the bases would work together. I guess not.

2009 carrier on a 2006 base.

100_1346.jpg

100_1344.jpg

100_1345.jpg

Here are both bases. 2009 on the bottom, 2006 on the top. So much for buying a second base. I thought they all basically worked together. oops

100_1349.jpg

ADS

Pixels

Does the 2006 carrier work on the 2009 base? Do they both have the same weight limit (both 22s or both 30s).

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Sorry, I meant to mention that. The 2006 is a 22. The 2009 is a 30. I did not have the 22 with me, but can do that next week. I just took my base and was going to use Miro (30) with it.

Mae

You can't interchange the 22 and 30 bases, from what I understand.

The bases even mention something about it. Something about only using the base if it has a certain color or something...I don't really remember. Maybe it was a button on it? The color of the button on the base had to match some button on the seat.

Something like that.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I assume the 2006 carrier would fit on the 2009, but now I don't know if I want to do that.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
You can't interchange the 22 and 30 bases, from what I understand.

The bases even mention something about it. Something about only using the base if it has a certain color or something...I don't really remember. Maybe it was a button on it? The button the base had to match some button on the seat.

Something like that.

Last time I went to BRU the keyfit base was labeled to fit to 22 and 30.

Mae

Last time I went to BRU the keyfit base was labeled to fit to 22 and 30.

:shrug-shoulders:

That's what I thought. I remembered reading something like that on my DNe's seat. Unless I dreamt it, but then that wouldn't explain why your seat and base aren't matching.

Pixels

So they were smart. Most people will pay more attenition to the carrier's weight limit than the the base's limit. They designed it so that the 30 pound carrier won't fit on the 22 pound base. I think you'll find the 22 pound carrier fits on the 30 base.

Mae

So they were smart. Most people will pay more attenition to the carrier's weight limit than the the base's limit. They designed it so that the 30 pound carrier won't fit on the 22 pound base. I think you'll find the 22 pound carrier fits on the 30 base.

That would make sense. My DNe has the 22, so this color button thing I speak of might be on the 22 base so that you can't pop a 30 on it. I don't have a 30, so I wouldn't be able to try it, either.

Pixels

Mae, the color button you're thinking of is the green circle that's visible in Judi's first pic, near the hinge of the handle. That sticker says to USE ONLY with bases that also have the matching green circle. The base would have a green circle on the side, pretty much lined up with the carrier's green circle.

30 carriers can only be used on 30 bases. 22 carriers can be used on either base. The only base currently sold is the 30.

Mae

Mae, the color button you're thinking of is the green circle that's visible in Judi's first pic, near the hinge of the handle. That sticker says to USE ONLY with bases that also have the matching green circle. The base would have a green circle on the side, pretty much lined up with the carrier's green circle.

30 carriers can only be used on 30 bases. 22 carriers can be used on either base. The only base currently sold is the 30.

I knew I wasn't crazy! Thank you for clarifying. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC