Help me find the perfect stroller!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I'm in need of a new stroller and I have no idea where to begin.

I have 2 kids: DD1 is 20.5 months, and DD2 is 3 weeks. We have a stroller we haven't really used since DD started walking. Now, with 2 kids I'd like to have the option of having them one ride, so I don't end up carrying 2 kids. I'd really only use it for the short walk to the park, or at the zoo, etc. I don't really want a double/twin, as I would just sling the child not riding, or DD1 could walk if DD2 is in the stroller.

So, what I really need is:
*A fully reclining seat that is easily adjustable
*Not too concerned about size/weight, as we have an SUV
*Easily maneuverable is a big plus
*I would like to be able to try it out before buying, so something available at Babies-R-Us or Baby Depot would be great!
*Under $200

ADS

super_grape

Have you pushed a Peg Perego Pliko P3?
That is my current fave do-it-most stroller for toting 2 kids.
My oldest rides on the back (she wasn't able to until she was about
2.5 tho)with the baby in the seat.
It's a good sturdy stroller and is easy to steer, basket is decent for a higher end stroller and it will take an infant seat if you're interested in that.
The seat is very easy to adjust in either direction and it's pretty common
at BRU.
They are more $$$ but you could possibly find one on sale in your price range.

Also there's the 07 Peg Aria, you would lose the rear toddler step but would gain a nice big basket and the price is better ($200), Julie (joolsplus3) has one and says she really likes it!

HTH!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I have the P3 and love it! The only thing with the toddler bar is that the seat has to be in more of an upright position so with a 3 week old baby that might not be the best choice.

Nobody shoot me but have you considered a wagon like this one?
radioflyer_1941_731499

I believe a snugride fits in there and this is what my friend used when she had her 2nd and her evenflo seat fit in there with her older DD with no problems.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
So everybody likes thier P3? We saw that at a USA Baby a few months ago, and really liked everything but the $350 price tag. I will go with the P3 if I can find a used one for sale! Thanks :)

lovinwaves

I would second the P3, but to be honest it is not an outdoor stroller. For the usage you mentioned above I would not get the P3. It is more of a mall stroller or indoor stroller. I have taken my P3 on two walks, and it was horrible, and very hard on the tires (which are outrageously expensive to replace).

I also second the wagon Jewels mentioned above. I have one, and was able to put my snugride in there and still had ample room for my toddler and diaper bag. It would be PERFECT for walks, and at the zoo. My hubby and I also use it around our house for landscaping hauling LOL!

R&J'sMom

I have the P3 and love it! The only thing with the toddler bar is that the seat has to be in more of an upright position so with a 3 week old baby that might not be the best choice.

Nobody shoot me but have you considered a wagon like this one?
radioflyer_1941_731499

I believe a snugride fits in there and this is what my friend used when she had her 2nd and her evenflo seat fit in there with her older DD with no problems.

We have this wagon and I installed seat belts (this is a must!) and I occasionaly use it when I take both boys to the store instead of a stroller! DH takes the boys in it all the time for long walks and the seatbelts are great for keeping the kids in! The boys LOVE it and would rather ride in it instead of the stroller, in fact our wagon gets more use than our double stroller!

Last edited:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I would second the P3, but to be honest it is not an outdoor stroller. For the usage you mentioned above I would not get the P3. It is more of a mall stroller or indoor stroller. I have taken my P3 on two walks, and it was horrible, and very hard on the tires (which are outrageously expensive to replace).

Really!? This is my only stroller (well except my double Chariot) and I have never had problems using it outdoors. When DS was smaller we would take it out everyday for walks to the park, the zoo, in the snow (with locked wheels) etc. and it was actually easier to push across the grass then my friends stroller. For just plain walking I think it is a great stroller, now if you wanted to go alterrain then this isn't the stroller but otherwise I think it is great ;)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Oh that wagon is cool! How would I go about installing seatbelts? Do they make any with seatbelts already in them? Or a sun/rain shade?

R&J'sMom

Oh that wagon is cool! How would I go about installing seatbelts? Do they make any with seatbelts already in them? Or a sun/rain shade?

That particular model does not come with seatbelts, but it's the largest wagon that Radio Flyer makes and is really comfortable for the kids (plenty of leg room and the sides come up pretty high). I ordered seat belts from Radio Flyer and installed them in the wagon. It was easy, just screwed them in and so far (after a year) neither one of my boys has been able to get out of the seatbelt.
I bought the wagon at Toys R Us, it was about $100.
Here is more info and lots of reviews...
http://www.amazon.com/Radio-Flyer-2600-Discovery-Wagon/dp/B00005KBVH

skipspin

I have a different Radio FLyer Wagon that came with seatbelts. The seats flip up and I'll bet my infant seat would fit, but since I just had #2 I haven't tried yet. I'm sure I will for the first beach trip in a month or so :)

I think mine is from Wal-mart. (It was a gift.) I have used it with two kids and it's great. Not as user friendly as a stroller for long walks, but great for the zoo and I adore mine at the beach and water park where I am lugging tons of stuff and don't want to get my stroller sandy and dirty.

arly1983

Have you considere Phil and Teds e3 w/ doubles kit? It is the only stroller I use now. It is AWESOME on all surfaces. It has great steering. When I first looked at it I was afraid that one kid would't want to ride in the back. ALL the kids want to ride in the back. The 7 month old loves it because she can look up and see me. I got mine for a little over 200 on ebay..brand new. I have a charcoal and wish i would have got the lime.
I also have one of the radio flyer wagons with seat belts. I can not imagine picking it up and putting it in the back of an suv otherwise we like it but it does get really heavy when we take neighborhood walks and the handle is the not long enough for DH. The kids love it.

lovinwaves

Regarding the wagons :2thumbsup: :

If you could swing the $100apprx. wagon I would get that. I think you would like it better. I liked it because of the high sides and it also has a storage compartment underneath which Mommy finds very handy. It also makes a great cooler. I could probably put 3-4 small toddlers in it (that's how big it is). I can still put in back of my minivan too.

My kids sit in the wagon very well, so we dont' need the buckles. We have trained them to stay seated or we go straight home and the wagon is put away. They are TOTALLY in love with this wagon. I think they prefer it over the stroller.

I like the high side wings. It keeps them from wanting to hang over the side. I have some pix of my kids in ours, but not good ones. I can take more pix you need me to.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Thanks!

Arly, I would really only put it in the car if we were going to the zoo or something, otherwise it would be in the garage. So I'd very rarely have to lift it into the car. I like the e3 alot, that is on the top of my list ;) I like how we could go "off-roading" with it!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Lovinwaves, I would love to see pictures! So you think it would be big enough to have DD1 in a seat and DD2 laying down in it, or in her bucket?

lovinwaves

Lovinwaves, I would love to see pictures! So you think it would be big enough to have DD1 in a seat and DD2 laying down in it, or in her bucket?

I am uploading some pix right now. They aren't that good, but better than the advertising photos. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, you would have plenty of room for both of your girls. When DD and DS go in it they only take up about 40-50% of it. :cool!:

Last edited:

lovinwaves

Ok, he was only standing, because Daddy was getting ready to get him out LOL!

9499702_348.ts1175114784199.jpg

This picture doesn't show the wagon that well, but you can see how wide it is and how high the sides are.

4785929_348.ts1159587953678.jpg

6696020_348.ts1165250990256.jpg

R&J'sMom

Regarding the wagons :2thumbsup: :

If you could swing the $100apprx. wagon I would get that. I think you would like it better. I liked it because of the high sides and it also has a storage compartment underneath which Mommy finds very handy. It also makes a great cooler. I could probably put 3-4 small toddlers in it (that's how big it is). I can still put in back of my minivan too.

My kids sit in the wagon very well, so we dont' need the buckles. We have trained them to stay seated or we go straight home and the wagon is put away. They are TOTALLY in love with this wagon. I think they prefer it over the stroller.

I like the high side wings. It keeps them from wanting to hang over the side. I have some pix of my kids in ours, but not good ones. I can take more pix you need me to.

I totally agree about the $100 wagon, it is MUCH bigger than the model with the flip up seats and the high sides are great, plus it has a longer handle than the less expensive models! Radio Flyer does sell a special umbrella that attaches to the side of the wagon. I would highly recommend buying the more expensive, larger wagon and your kids won't outgrow it for a long time! Here is a pic of my boys in our wagon on Halloween:
243795946107_0_ALB.jpg

323075946107_0_ALB.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC