Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Roundabout55

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • ClickyClick

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

arly1983

NEW BRITAX PICS IN POST #16

I really want a seat that I will like both FFing and RFing and I really want to make a decision today.

Price is about the same. RA55/TF is 149 at amazon and MR will be 120ish after 25% at BRU. Cheaper is nicer but they are all doable. This will be S's main seat and my only convertable.

They all leave DH adequate or nearly adequate room to sit in front of.

Here are a couple of pics of the (trashed) TFP and the RA50 to give you an idea of how he fits.

No pics of the MR, I will be going to try it out and trade in the TFP in just a little while.

8f94acda.jpg

350b198e.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

jjordan

If he's already 29 pounds, then I think he'll last longer rearfacing in one of the 40# RF seats. So that narrows it down to MR or RA55, and of those I'd choose RA55 because it is likely to work better FF. (Also it has the RF tether, which is a big plus for me personally.)

skipspin

I'll bet the MY will give your DH a lot of room in the front. More than the RA50 and I think more than the TFP. (Oh, and if you need another seat to trade it for the 25% I have one that's expired. I think it's sort of ugly, but it looks better installed. Just a personal hang up there. The fabrics are nice, just something about it bugs me. LOL.

There's a nice BRU over by my house...you don't have one in Lakeland, do you?

Mags462

As much as a LOVE me some TF i don't think i would buy one w/ a 29lb less than two year old. My almost 3 year old doesn't weigh 29lbs, and my almost 5yr old is only 34lbs so for us it works GREAT - but i would not get one if i had a heavier baby. :(

I personally don't like the MR, mostly for it's reclined seat FF - but it's nice RF..... I would probably get a Britax ;)

arly1983

I'll bet the MY will give your DH a lot of room in the front. More than the RA50 and I think more than the TFP. (Oh, and if you need another seat to trade it for the 25% I have one that's expired. I think it's sort of ugly, but it looks better installed. Just a personal hang up there. The fabrics are nice, just something about it bugs me. LOL.

There's a nice BRU over by my house...you don't have one in Lakeland, do you?

There is a TRU but no BRU...tempting...

Spam

TF would probably be the nicest forward, but how quickly do you think he'll gain 5lbs? The tf took up more space than the MR in my vehicle and the interior wideness bugged me a little and A had headslump ffing in it. I really like the MR rfing, deep sides cool cupholders, and ffing, it just depends on your vehicle I guess. I'm sure the RA is nice, I haven't been able to see the new seats yet :(

melniemi

I like my new bv70 so I chose the ra55 :) The ra will give you a little more interior room than the bv and since J will probably have outgrown the Nauti by the time S outgrows the ra ffing, you would be set :)

cpsaddict

I vote RA55. It sits a little lower than the RA50 and it takes up less front/back space than the the 50. I really don't care for either of the other two.

Splash

Whoa wait! There is a BBB in Brandon? Dang! When can we go?
Don't do the CA. I hated it, Sam HATED it, it's not interesting. I think Sam might be getting a MR, perhaps they should match.

arly1983

What do you mean, you're not sure how? Sounds like a story...

Do you like it? Show us pictures! :)

That's just it. I don't like it. Darn snoody salespeople. I just returned it for a full refund unopened. Still not sure what I want...

Last edited:

arly1983

Ok, here are the new britax seats. At second glance they are ok but not enough of an improvement to buy when I have a perfectly good RA50 that I bought for $54. Oh, and the RA50 has more headroom than the RA55 for sure, might change in the car but...

Excuse blurry pics. I blame snoody salesperson. I also blame him for lack of BV70 pics.

Also, Recline handle does not bother me anymore after I yanked on them about 1/2 dozen times.

089ef666.jpg

08ee85d9.jpg

I like the MA70 over the RA55, he seemed to sink down more but for $206 and I have a perfectly good RA50...

96770644.jpg

ecf3aaaf.jpg

I REALLY like the MyRide. I LOVE it. I think this cover is fugly. :eek:

86e9573c.jpg

So in conclusion, I am stuck between the MR and TF. I like both alot. They both give DH plenty of room and have more legroom which are the two things that I really wanted. I also wouldn't mind using both FFing. Well, at least its down to two.

Last edited:

NVMBR02

I agree, I'd probably go for the myride, even though I like the Truefit better for forward facing. I think the extra 5 pounds may come in handy.

Spam

I :love: the target MR cover and there was a post saying they were offering the MR instead of the ra50 when they were out for $94

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC