Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Evolily's Avatar

Chicago Southern/Western Burbs- where can I find these seats?

This is more for future reference than something I need to do right now .

I think I'm going to need to see and try out a few boosters (specifically parkway sg, recaro probooster, sunshine kids monterey, etc) at a B&M store in the area sometime in the relatively near future. There's buy buy baby in... Downers Grove? Do they have a good selection? I live in that city know for it's prisons and the blues brothers (I'm trying to be cryptic on purpose, feel free to say the towns name in reference to a store but please don't say "Oh, wow, CelticLabyrinth you live in XYZ?!"). I'm pretty certain our selection of baby stores is limited to BRU. Thanks!
    Formerly known as CelticLabyrinth
    Big sister to
    A, 5/06 and C 11/04
    Riding in Safety 1st Incognitos

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Chicago Southern/Western Burbs- where can I find these seats?

Yes, there is a buy buy baby in Downers Grove- near the Cheeseburger in Paradise. They have a good selection of seats. They are building one in Orland next to Binny's, behind the Dick's but not sure when that one will be ready. (I live in the town next to you so I know these will work for you.)

Senior Community Member Irishmama's Avatar

Yeah, there used to be a Right Start in Lombard, I think, but it closed. They still have one in Lincoln Park, that's a crazy long haul. I've been meaning to call Buy Buy Baby and find out when it's opening in Orland. They had a pretty selection last time I was there, but that was a while ago.

I live a few towns from you!

You can try the Parkway SG in Naperville;-) I was just at BuyBuyBaby a few weeks ago. I know they had the Radian. Can't remember if I saw the Monterey on the shelf.

Still working on Recaro for review samples. They never answer emails:-( Hopefully they will be at ABC Kids Expo.

Senior Community Member Polola0628's Avatar

I too am from the city of Blues Brothers (but I prefer to refer to it as the city where ketchup on hotdogs is illegal lol)

Anywho, I thanked your post because I came on here to post almost the exact same thing- I need to check out a Radian in person. Good to know about BuyBuyBaby- going to call them tomorrow AM.
    DD1|N|6y10m| - FF Turbo / Big Kid HB
    DD2|M|4y10m| - FF Livia FR85/Ventura XTSL
    DD3|N|2y1m| - RF Plum RXT
    2006 Nissan Pathfinder