What I found at MIL's

Keeanh

While MIL was out of town, I scoped out her car & garage (yes, we had permission to be there, LOL). I found 2 expired boosters in her car. Should have grabbed pics of those. One was a FP Safe Embrace, the other a Graco My Cargo.

And then there was this on the shelf:
IMG_4822.JPG

And then I noticed how the tether strap was routed. Umm, I don't think it came like this:
IMG_4823.JPG

IMG_4824.JPG

Fortunately, she was open to tossing that seat when she came back, even though it hadn't quite expired. I made a casual comment about it being a bummer when all the seats are expiring at once, and mentioned maybe she should check her other seats' expiry dates. Things are touchy enough without me saying "Yeah, and I took your keys & snooped in your car and you need to toss all your seats". I figured, quit while I'm ahead and hope she follows up with the boosters on her own. If she doesn't I'll say something to SIL since it's her kids using them. One of them is turning 4 tomorrow. Yeah, I already said something about that.

ADS

Keeanh

:eek::eek::eek: Is that a Touriva?

It's a Regal Ride, which is why I didn't clue in at first. I knew about the Touriva notches, but only recently realized that the Regal Ride was the same shell. And seriously, how the heck did that tether strap end up like that??

Keeanh

:shrug-shoulders: I have played with exactly ONE touriva. How exactly was it secured to the seat?

It was on a shelf in the garage when I saw it that time. But I've seen it in her car before. I just never looked closely since my kids weren't using it. I know it was a seatbelt install. That tether strap comes from the *inside* of the shell, underneath the cover, and over the top of the shell. I know she had it on the tether anchor, but again, I never looked really closely and the weird routing would have been hidden by the cover when it was installed. I'm dying to know WHO did that to the tether, though... And WHY?? :confused:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Um, I have seen tethers routed like that before.Like, they are supposed to be like that.

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
Ok, good. I didn't see what was so crazy about it, but that seat is not one I'm familiar with anyway.

Keeanh

Um, I have seen tethers routed like that before.Like, they are supposed to be like that.

Oh :eek: Is it really supposed to be like that? My bad. I borrowed a Regal Ride from my friend and it wasn't like that. Maybe because it was newer? Or maybe that one was put back in wrong... I'm gonna stick with my own seats...

mlohry

About 8 years ago when I was a CPST my cousin had me check his car to check for installs on their carseats, and I can't remember if the seat didn't have it or what the deal was, but my cousin had heard that tethers were safer to use, so he took a dog leash and made one for the seat, I thought I had seen everything, I was like, we are family here, what went wrong with you! Needless to say the dog leash went back to the dog!

cpstimedic

CPST Instructor
Yes, the tether is supposed to be like that. The old Regal Ride/Tourivas had that routing and then they changed it, it was strange looking though:)

AtTheSouthDam

I had a cosco combo seat that routed the tether like that. It drove me nuts because it made the cover pop off. Grr... My dislike for Dorel mostly stems from the fact I have never been happy with one of their products.
Maybe you could help MIL find some cheap TBs?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC