What is the secret to keeping the Monterey wings from opening?

sholoulou

Our new Monterey's wings keep opening! So frustrating to say the least. Anyone know a trick to keeping the things closed?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If they keep opening when they shouldn't, I'd encourage you to call and report it to Sunshine Kids.

Keeanh

So far the best solution I've seen is duct tape :rolleyes:. Apparently the replacement backs from SK are exactly the same. Once I hear that they have FIXED the problem on the new backs, I'll report mine.

ntrenary

I just reported mine again, hoping they had fixed the problem. Russ acted like he's never heard of such a thing (yeah right).
He is sending me new backs for both of my Monterey's, but I guess I shouldn't hold out much hope. It's such a waste of plastic and the covers are a big PITA to change so I'm really not looking forward to it.
I tried duct taping both of mine but it didn't work on N's seat, he has low muscle tone so he probably pushes on the sides more than Z.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
See, I know several people who do NOT have this problem with their Montereys. So to me, it's not a normal thing to happen. If it happens again I'd keep reporting it.

ZephyrBlue

We have 3 Montereys in use and it happens with all of them. I emailed Russ about it last year and he said he'd never heard of that problem before and that they were still perfectly safe to use :rolleyes:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If you feel it is a safety issue, and Sunshine Kids refuses to deal with it, please make a report (or reports) to NHTSA.

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
As far as I know there's nothing that can be down about it. I had one that did it, called SK who sent me a new back, and that was worse than the first one.

I don't believe that Russ has never heard of it. There's lots of us who have called on here and other forums and got new backs.

I was very disappointed because I really like the seat otherwise and so did my dd.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC