Monterey Fading

Dillipop

Anyone else have the top of their monterey fade to gray within months of owning it?

The monterey that lives in dh's car is the black and red one. I think it was manufactured last December or January- it's the newer model. The black on the top/back of the headrest is gray now- it's been faded by the sun. I've never had a carseat fade this quickly. Even my evenflos, which the blacks tend to turn a purplish color, took longer to fade.

ADS

Dillipop

Maybe I'll call SK one of these days and see what they say. It really looks kind of crappy with a gray "stripe" across the top, when the rest of the seat has it's color. I know it's from sitting in a sedan without tinted windows, but still. it shouldn't look like this after such a short time. Maybe they'll let me switch to the gray cover?

munchkin

My black cover is like this. There is a big block on lighter black/gray on the top. I hate the way it looks.

Dillipop

My coastal blue radian looks the same as it did when I bought it 4 years ago. It is just such a surprise to have such a different experience with the monterey.

Mommy2Marcus

The top of my Nautilus is starting to fade pretty badly to. However it is not to terribly noticable, except to me :p, b/c it is just turning a lighter brown. I think I would call SK about it fading so quickly. That seems nuts to happen in such a short time. :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC