Vent Roundabout 50.....grrr!!!!

pepsicola

I was lucky enough to get one of those $50 Ra50's a few months ago. I intended to use it rearfacing to it's 35lb limit before turning my kid around (now 2yo, 31lbs).

She is sitting on the middle slot so it needs to be moved farther out, but Britax does not allow that one to be used rearfacing. She must ride forward facing if I want to continue to use this seat. We also owned the 40lb version which had only 1 slot and it was spaced much farther out!

Britax, what the heck??

Anyone else's kid prematurely outgrow this seat rearfacing?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
She can sit on that slot. In fact, you want the strap to come out from under her a bit, not lean back toward her.

She has until 35 pounds, or when she has less than 1" of shell above her head.

Wendy

pepsicola

Oh good, I was thinking she couldn't sit on it for some reason. But I know she is uncomfortable. My daughter is very vocal and twice while I was drivng she started to get upset and told me "It hurts!", so both times I pulled over and checked her harness and it wasn't too tight or loose (pinch test I learned here) but definitely very snug at the crotch strap. Her other car seats aren't this snug at the buckle so I'm certain that's what was upsetting her.

Just sorta wondering though, if it's not supposed to be in front of her why is it ok on the 40lb Roundabout? We still have that one but she rides forward facing in it since she outgrew it but luckily she hardly ever rides in that car. The buckle is pretty far ahead of her in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC