Any one found a way to keep crotch strap padding ON the True Fit - not on the floor!!

Emi

Anyone got a neat way to keep TF crotch strap pad in place?

Hi all - I wonder if anyone has come up with a way to stop the padding on the crotch strap of a True Fit Premier falling off every time you take your toddler out the seat?????
I got mine (TFP) today and on the first outing, came back to the car and found the damn padding thing on the floor next to the car (phew!!!)
I don't know if it's a good idea to sew a popper or hook and loop on the webbing to keep it in place - I am scared it may weaken the webbing???? but.............it is sewn in manufacture anyway to loop around the buckle?!?

ps - could they have made that gap in the cover for the crotch buckle any bigger LOL or actually have I got something/ padding missing? you can see right through to the Yellow adjuster thingy!!

any Ideas anyone????

Many thanks

Emi

** sorry - posted same question on car seat chat as I'm not sure if same/different folk read both boards?**

Last edited:
ADS

Mae

I noticed you also have the same thread going over here. It's hard to keep track of things on this board. :)

Hm, perhaps somebody will chime in with some ideas. I never use the crotch pad in my TF, so I'm no help. My padding is still in the delivery box, actually. However, yes, the big space between the shell and the crotch strap where you can see the yellow plastic is normal. :)

glockchick

I sewed the crotch pad to the cover on my Marathon years ago. Just pin it where you want it to go with the cover on the seat, take the cover off, and sew it down.

Mae

Re: Anyone got a neat way to keep TF crotch strap pad in place?

I see you've got the same thread going over here. It's hard to keep track of threads around here, but that one seems to have gotten some replies. :)

Perhaps a Moderator will lock this thread, delete it, or merge it into the other. :)

msg221

I gave up on trying to keep it on so now it's in the plastic bag with the infant padding I don't need to use either. I wish it was designed like the one on the Britax seats.

KiwiGem

I have the same issue with the crotch padding on the Frontier - I had thought about sewing up the gap in the pad that the crotch buckle goes through so that it is too small to slide off over the buckle. Not sure if there are any safety concerns with that - I can't imagine how it would affect the safe use of the harness or crotch buckle in any way unless there is something I haven't thought of.

Quite a few times I've walked back to my car & found the padding on the ground beside the vehicle!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I merged the threads. Having the same thread in two different forums is frowned upon.

Wendy

Emi

Thanks all for taking the time to reply!!
I sewed up the gap on the crotch pad today so that it is only just big enough to get off over the buckle - I haven't tried it with DD in yet but it's a tight fit and I could only just get the buckle through the gap to get it back on, so let's hope it works out.

many thanks again.

Emily

Mommy0608

In regard to your question about seeing the whole yellow crotch buckle adjuster mechanism, that's normal. The adjustment is done by pushing down on the yellow part and then sliding that whole unit back and forth, therefore it requires a large enough space in the cover.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC