Booster seat fit - help needed

Jan06twinmom

I want some experts to look at how my DS fits in the booster seat. We have a 2001 Ford Taurus. DS is about 48in tall and close to 60lbs.

DSC_0155.jpg

One of my questions is about how the seatbelt is going into the buckle - and if it is working with the booster correctly. It doesn't look like the seatbelt is going under the armrest flat like I expected it to. I hope you can see what I mean from these pictures.

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

Does this look like the lapbelt is low enough?

DSC_0158.jpg

Another angle in case it helps.

DSC_0160.jpg

Thank you so much for your help! I'm completely new to booster seats!

Melanie

ADS

Qarin

?? I think the lap belt fits fine, but the whole seat needs to be moved toward the left side of the vehicle so that it's not sitting on the buckle. It looks like there's plenty of room to move it several inches toward the door.

Jan06twinmom

?? I think the lap belt fits fine, but the whole seat needs to be moved toward the left side of the vehicle so that it's not sitting on the buckle. It looks like there's plenty of room to move it several inches toward the door.

The seat is so far over to the left because we installed it using the latch. It seemed like there wasn't much extra wiggle room with the latch install. Is there a way to adjust it?

So do we not use LATCH? (I like the idea of using the latch so I don't have to worry about putting the seatbelt back on to hold the unoccupied seat.)

I'm wondering if it might work better on the left side of the car since there is only one seatbelt buckle on that side.

Melanie

Pixels

Having the seat moved over so far due to LATCH is not safe. If you can loosen the LATCH and slide the seat over, great. If not, then don't use LATCH in that position.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
It won't work better on the other side b/c the LATCH is set up to be 11" for all spots. Could you use the middle by any chance?

Jan06twinmom

It won't work better on the other side b/c the LATCH is set up to be 11" for all spots. Could you use the middle by any chance?

I'm not sure about center. How well does the Monterey puzzle with the Decathlon?

I think that our Ford Taurus allows the latch to be used in the middle, but that would require us to install the Decathlon with seatbelts. I'm guessing we would have the same issue with the buckles and the latch being too close together.

I'm probably better off having my twins outboard since Marcus loves to annoy his sister and distance is a good thing.:whistle:

Melanie

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
It would be better in the middle if it would work b/c the latch is centered right in the middle and won't be pushed closer to the buckle like it is on the side.

mommy-medic

Loosen the latch a bit. The latch is only there to prevent an unoccupied seat from being a projectile, so it doesn't have to be cinched down. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC