Nautilus without mesh?

scariestone

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything when I searched. Do any of the "regular" nautiluses not have mesh or is it just the elite ones? IIRC the julia pattern at BRU was all velour, any others? I know I would hear it from all sides if I put my boy in that seat even though he happens to really like pink. If it matters at all, it will be replacing the myride we use now as our backup seat once DS reaches 40lbs. Right now he's between 37-39lbs, 38 inches tall and will be 3 in a few weeks(sniffle*sniffle). And yes, I realize the MR does FF to 65lbs but I only bought it to RF as its its super reclined FF. Thanks for input!

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The one I carry at Baby Depot is not mesh. Here are some pics. It is more purple than pink though.

100_0737.jpg

100_0732.jpg

100_0734.jpg

April

Reese and Mariposa come to mind, but I think Mariposa might be discontinued.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'd hang on to that My Ride in case you ever want to go anywhere long enough he might sleep in the car...it's like sitting in a deliciously reclined La-Z-Boy, while the GN is...uh... not so comfy for sleeping (in most cars, for most kids, maybe yours will work out better)

babyherder

I think Dori is an awesome cover! And if I had a boy that liked purple I would totally get it, just cause I like it so much!

scariestone

Thanks ladies! Its so hard to tell from the online photos what the fabric really is. Unfortunately jools, any seat he sits in when he falls asleep his head flops forward. It doesn't matter how reclined he is. He's RF in my car in an XT and every time I open the door to get him out when he's fallen asleep, his chin is on his chest and he's drooling all over himself. :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, if he's super relaxed, it might not matter what he's sleeping in...I just wouldn't want my kid's head dangling forward in the path of an oncoming side impact, at least the MR is more like a deep protective bowl, kwim?

scariestone

I guess he has a pretty short neck or something because his head doesn't go outside the sides of the XT when it falls forward. DH's truck sits pretty far off the ground(92 explorer) so most likely the vehicle that hit them would be shorter than his and not affect DS too much. Unfortunately from what I understand, the TAs can only be put in in the outboard positions, so I'll have no choice but to put him on the side. I'd much rather risk the side collision than no TA even though I know the GN tests well without it. I ended up ordering an elite from nicki's diapers because they had it on clearance so it was hardly more than a regular non-mesh one. We're one of the few families it will benefit as well since neither of our vehicles have locking belts.

ETA: I don't know that I'll sell the MR anyway as long as I can find space to store it. I'm for sure getting rid of his generations as he's almost outgrown it in torso height and he's not even 3 yet and also the fr85 as that pinches his neck no matter how I adjust it. I keep holding out hope that DH will change his mind and want to have another so I'd rather not get rid of the MR as I know it fits itty bitties well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC