Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

sell my AOE and get a ???

I usually had the myride in my car, but now it's in the daycare provider's car since it is so much easier to install and the harness straps tighten easily (I'm paranoied about loose straps)

So now I have the dreaded AOE in my car.... i hate how the harness is so stiff and the seat itself is just a PITA to take in and out. I used to be able to pop out the MR and use the back seat for diaper changes, then click it back in without a problem. Now, not so much.

Now I'm thinking I want something else, but my budget is pretty much nothing. Should I sell the AOE on craigslist and get maybe a truefit??

dd is 24lb, 12" torso height and I drive a '91 tercel

any ideas? Or should i just suck it up and deal? lol
    Alice, May 2009, riding in a Frontier
    Astrid, May 2015, riding in a Snugride 30

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: sell my AOE and get a ???

True Fit is regularly on sale at Zellers for $149-$179. Or another MyRide, or a Complete Air, but that's going to be a similar install to the AOE. I'm not sure how old your DD is, so that would be a deciding factor on whether a 40lb RF limit is necessary. That being said, I LOVE the True Fit.

4. Thank You from:

Re: sell my AOE and get a ???

Really the only thing holding me back from getting a truefit is that last time I checked at the Abbotsford zellers, all of the had DOMs well over a year old. Have you noticed what they are out your way?

She is almost 16 months, so she will need to be RFing for at least 2 more years. I'm not too worried about the 40lb thing, if she continues at the same percentile she'll be about 30lb at 3 years.
    Alice, May 2009, riding in a Frontier
    Astrid, May 2015, riding in a Snugride 30