onboard air 35

stephie1012

Just 2 things.
1st thing- DD is on the 3rd set of harness slots...seriously shes almost 5wks old...its insane, im guessing she has a long torso.

2nd thing. When we place the carrier part on the base in the car, it doesnt click in. We have to push each side of the carseat down into the base to get it to click. Dh is super annoyed by it bc honestly sometimes its easy to forget, and i dont think we should have to do this. Even when its placed in there with force (dh tried without baby in it) it doesnt click. Should i call the company about this? Has anyone else had or reported similar problems?

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I would totally be calling the company!

Can you post a pic of her in the seat, so we can see her height?

stephie1012

im going to call on Tuesday.
Here is a quick pic from my phone (she was between screams lol)...she was in the car before i buckled her. Once i buckle her she goes about even with that slot, i realize shes kinda off center but i wanted to show the slot.

jules.jpg

April

My KeyFit doesn't click into the base unless I push on both sides. DD is now almost 3 months and I guess we are just used to it because its not an issue for us. :twocents:

stephie1012

heres a pic of her buckled in
julia.jpg

Im just nervous one day im gonna forget to push the seat down on both sides kwim?

PHaley

Our DDs are 6 days apart and riding in the same seat (though I'm jealous of your Ella cover lol) and we have the same "issues" though it hadn't really dawned on me that they were something to be concerned about. Regarding the harness height (I moved her to the 3rd slot @5 weeks/11 lbs) I just figured she will slow down eventually and her head won't always be so large and she will start growing legs...I mean if this is the or one of the tallest infant seats on the market my kid can't just be that gigantic right? oh and the snap down on each side kind of makes me feel more secure because then I KNOW she's in vs just hoping or assuming if it just dropped into place...I don't know maybe it's my way of looking at the bright side since in all other ways so far I am in love with this seat but if you more experienced parents and techs think its an issue I too will call, wouldn't want to be aiding an overlooked problem ;)

BTW your DD is adorable! :) Wish we could have a playdate!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
She does look a bit long-torsoed. :) But also, that first slot, is designed for preemies. So not surprising to me that she's on the third! Growth will slow, and as long as the straps aren't falling off or anything it's fine to have them quite a ways above the slot rear-facing, as long as their heads have proper clearance to the top of the shell, etc.

The not clicking, that would concern me. I'd call about that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC