Lifesavers Triumph Update

Dsunny1

CPST Instructor
Yesterday the Evenflo representative revealed that the Triumph will be updated to 50lbs and have a top harness height of 18 inches, adding 3 inches overall to the top of the shell. This will be shown on www.safetymadeeasier.com site on April 13th.
I will attach pictures of just the shell tomorrow (they wouldn't show us where the harness heights would be but did say the top one would measure 18 inches).
Jen

ADS

LuvBug

awesome!!!!!
I wonder what the price will be. I am looking for a spare seat that will fit a newborn and 40lbs DS(who is too big for the MA).

Dsunny1

CPST Instructor
The price range will be the same it is now, 120-160 depending on the amount of padding/ add ons... I am glad they are not raising the price significantly. They are saying this new Triumph will revolutionize the ease of installation, but wouldn't go further then that to explain what they meant.
I happened to ask about the harness heights when they were talking about the higher weight limit and the rep stated that was something he wasn't supposed to be talking about, but told me later the height would be 18 inches. I was very happy to hear that.

LuvBug

oooo so if walmart/target/sears/kmart gets the new version in for about the same price as the ones they have, and it really has 18" slots... I will totally get it!(assuming DS actually fits in it). I was considering the new recaro, and then the radian... but I need something that can fit 3 very different children at once lol!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Wow, it looks a lot bigger height-wise. I wonder if the same will happen in Canada, with our weight limit becoming 48lbs?

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
I am so starting the countdown to NEXT years Lifesavers! I am jealous of all of you there now and can't wait to go next time.
Renee
only 364? days to go HAHA

scatterbunny

I am so starting the countdown to NEXT years Lifesavers! I am jealous of all of you there now and can't wait to go next time.
Renee
only 364? days to go HAHA

DITTO!! I will be there next year. :D

And this new Triumph sounds truly wonderful!!! 18 inch top slots, 3" higher seat shell, 50 pound weight limit--woohoo! They *could* conceivably up the RF weight limit, too--but at least now with the taller seat shell kids have a great chance of making it to the full 30 pounds RF!

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I'm hoping to go next year too! Portland is the closest I will probably ever be to a Lifesavers conference!!

It's a little more then a 7 hour drive for me.

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
Oh, I'm really excited about this new Triumph! I loved my old one (2002) EXCEPT for the fact that my dd's outgrew it too soon. But I thought it was really easy to use (loved the knob adjuster, esp. for RF) and they always seemed so comfy in it. I thought it was easy to install too, but if they've made it even easier - so much the better!

Can't wait to see it in stores. Unfortunately, I won't be needing one, but it'll be nice to be able to recommend it to friends.

Yoshi

That sounds great!!! The manufacturers are finally "getting it"! Any news from Graco????? (about the Safeseat2 going to 50 lbs also)

arly1983

Oh, I am so excited. I loved the triumph except for the install issues and short shell and it sounds like that is being fixed. YAY. Maybe one of those would make a nice daycare kid carseat. SHOt, it would make a good replacement carseat for my nieces birthday. When will the new one be available??

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
At least a couple of seat company employees have been known to post here and I don't doubt others lurk on the boards. I remember a Britax employee posting about seat covers and the Britax factory sale held last fall, and Steve Wallen from Safeguard has posted here once in a while.

Last edited:

Splash

Yay! That will be a great seat! I love the Triumph as it is now, but adding a taller shell and ten extra pounds will be AMAZING! If it still has that fabulous infant only RF recline, this will shoot to the very top of my list, easily surpassing Britax for convertible seats.
I am going to have to have one. I'll sell the Triumph I have now (NIB) and the spare BV (NIB) to get that seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC