MyRide65 too much recline for FF?

ADS

jjordan

You should definitely try it in your car. Some people have actually found that it is incompatible with their cars when forward facing. Here is one example of such a post; Here is a thread (see post #18).

::er!ca::

We haven't used our MR65 FFing, but I did sit it on the seat FFing last time I uninstalled it. I didn't like how reclined it was. It was WAY reclined in my vehicle. So we won't be using it FFing when the time comes. By the time my current 2 year old is FFing, my 5 year old will more than likely be in a booster so we'll just give my 2 year old the Nautilus.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
It is quite naturally reclined, but if it fits ok, I don't really have issues with it.

This is how it sits in the center position of my Outlook:
11c5jl4.jpg

Now our 2nd row bench has to be reclined when there is a ff'ing seat installed in the outboard position. I know that the My Ride isn't that reclined when I've had it installed ff'ing in our car.

I had no concerns using it at this angle though, FWIW. Some seats are just naturally more reclined than others.

jujumum

I've been using one ff for months with no issues. It is quite reclined, but not much more than the original MA in my van. I moved my dd from a ff bv to the ff MR since the MR had much better leg support. There are several comparison pics in my album you can check out.:D

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Honestly, it's a matter of car seat/vehicle fit, and personal preference. I strongly recommend trying it in your vehicle before purchasing, if at all possible.

Here's a pic of the MyRide forward-facing in my 2003 Focus wagon:

MiRydeFFrcline.jpg

(Yes, there is a child in the seat. :p)

That's waaaay too reclined for me, and I'd never us it FF in that vehicle by choice. On the other hand, I unexpectedly had to install it in my Dad's 2008 (?) Odyssey a couple months ago, and it wasn't too bad at all. Still not my first choice, but not bad.

Mommy2Marcus

I have used mine FF in 2 different cars with no issues with it. They were a 2001 2 door Chevy Cavalier and a 1997 2 door Subaru Impreza. It was reclined, but not so much that I felt it was super reclined. It made for great sleeping with no head slump. :p Here is a picture of it FF in my DH's 2001 Cavalier.
010-7.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC