Observations about the Triumph 65

featherhead

Rear-facing limit - 30 lbs - FAIL. Of course, this may be a mistake, and I sure hope so, or I will not be keeping this seat.
Harness straps seem thicker than the EFTA.
Cover is possibly slightly more padded in the seat. Infant cushion is also possibly slightly more cushy. My EFTA had the old cover design (behind the child's back). I think I like the new design better.
Not sure yet what I think about the new chest clip. I actually really liked the old one for my dd2.
The material is fairly nice. The Oh part is not plush, but still soft. The outer material is kinda velvety and attracts lint.
That's all for now. No pics right now cause my internet is way too slow. I posted on A Mothers Promise facebook page about the 30 limit, and I emailed them as well. We'll see what they say.

ADS

Mingie

CPST Instructor
Thank you for your insight. And boo on the 30lb rfing limit. :thumbsdown:

I guess this seat is out of the running for me. We only have 2-3 lbs left in the MA and wanted this seat to be a serious contender for us. Doesn't sound like the rfing limit will be addressed before I need to buy another seat.

dragonfly8

Boo!!!!!
I have a question though, if and when the issues are addressed, between the time that (hopefully) new stickers/manuals are sent out and they're received, one was to say, be pulled over by the police and checked, what would happen? If the seat is legally allowed to be RF to 40 lbs but all documentation physically present at that time states RF to 30lbs..........see where I'm going with this?

It really burns my butt that this seat that we were all so looking forward to has "glitches" already!

Hopefully the problems can be addressed and resolved quickly!

featherhead

Boo!!!!!
I have a question though, if and when the issues are addressed, between the time that (hopefully) new stickers/manuals are sent out and they're received, one was to say, be pulled over by the police and checked, what would happen? If the seat is legally allowed to be RF to 40 lbs but all documentation physically present at that time states RF to 30lbs..........see where I'm going with this?

It really burns my butt that this seat that we were all so looking forward to has "glitches" already!

Hopefully the problems can be addressed and resolved quickly!

I wouldn't use it rear-facing to 30 lbs until this is resolved. Thankfully my girls are not quite 30 lbs yet. BUT... I will not use the seat until I have heard back from Evenflo. If my seat is only going to be good to 30 lbs, I'm not keeping it.

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
Uhmh.. In CANADA?

-N.

Oops! Sorry about that!
I just recently discovered the new posts button:cool: I guess I need to be a bit more observant about which forum these things are posted in.

It really sucks that the EFT65 is only rated to 30lbs RF in Canada though.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The straps are definitely thicker and they're textured slightly differently as well - the other ones were the smooth and thinner ones that can twist easier if a parent isn't careful - I think the thicker ones will be harder to twist.

It will be interesting to see the response you get on their facebook page. I know that evenflo is still investigating to get back to TC because the employee "in the know" so to speak had been told it would have a 40lb rf'ing limit.

You know the really strange thing about this is I had a dream about the rf'ing limit before any of the seats showed up. I think I'm going to be a bit freaked if the end answer that comes back is the same one that was in my dream.

(Momentum does have 30lb rf'ing limit as well, I haven't been through the manual but that's what the stickers indicate.)

featherhead

The straps are definitely thicker and they're textured slightly differently as well - the other ones were the smooth and thinner ones that can twist easier if a parent isn't careful - I think the thicker ones will be harder to twist.

It will be interesting to see the response you get on their facebook page. I know that evenflo is still investigating to get back to TC because the employee "in the know" so to speak had been told it would have a 40lb rf'ing limit.

You know the really strange thing about this is I had a dream about the rf'ing limit before any of the seats showed up. I think I'm going to be a bit freaked if the end answer that comes back is the same one that was in my dream.

(Momentum does have 30lb rf'ing limit as well, I haven't been through the manual but that's what the stickers indicate.)

I will be very sad if the limit stays at 30 lbs. It is such a great seat. I had an EFTA and liked it a lot, except for that limit. I sold it a while ago.

featherhead

:crying: Got this email today:

Hello Heather,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your Evenflo Triumph 65 car seat.

I do apologize for the misinformation on the Toys R Us website. The seat is only rated for up to 30 lbs in the rear facing position. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I have forwarded the information to the appropriate person to get this fixed. I apologize for your inconvenience.

We appreciate the time you took to email us.

Jessie Woolever
Senior ParentLink Representative
Evenflo

dragonfly8

:crying: Got this email today:

Hello Heather,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your Evenflo Triumph 65 car seat.

I do apologize for the misinformation on the Toys R Us website. The seat is only rated for up to 30 lbs in the rear facing position. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I have forwarded the information to the appropriate person to get this fixed. I apologize for your inconvenience.

We appreciate the time you took to email us.

Jessie Woolever
Senior ParentLink Representative
Evenflo

Uh oh.........what a HUGE disappointment!!!!! Will you return it? I'd guess quite a few people will........

Look on the bright side, you get to shop for another new seat!

kaitlyn

Senior Community Member
What a let down Evenflo. Seriously, they're so behind the other guys now, even a 35 lb limit would have been an improvement!

jess71903

Ambassador
After all the newer Canadian seats RF to at least 35 lbs, why in the world would they even bother with 2 new 30lb seats???

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC