Is this a problem?

emtb79

I put my darling daycare children in their seats in the van and tighten the straps. I get to my destination and always my little guy Hudson has got his cute little body shifted in the seat. It just bothers me that he is going to get hurt or it wont protect him in an accident because he isnt sitting in the middle and is shifted so much. Its not that he isnt tight in there because I have been known before to leave strap marks(which I dont anymore). Give few moments to upload pics.

ADS

BabyKaykes

He's in a harness, he'll be fine.

But based on your sig pic, can you switch him with the kid in the Nautilus or Radian? There will be less room for him to scoot.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The first photo (the one on the left) is the 'after' right? No, I don't think it's a problem. The harness straps are still on both shoulders. :thumbsup:

emtb79

The Nauti is going in my mom's car this weekend. This is the problem I get with all the seats I thought it would be better in the BLVD70 because it seemed to contain him more. Am I allowed to put the padding that came in the seat back in. It just drives me nutty to see him floppy in the seat.

But you guys think its fine for him to sit like that I wasnt sure.

NannyMom

Can you turn him back rear facing? He might feel more relaxed that way, and less likely to scoot.

emtb79

Can you turn him back rear facing? He might feel more relaxed that way, and less likely to scoot.

The reason he was sitting FF was because of Motion Sickness issues, also I got him ot too long ago and mom has had him sitting forward in her car since he turned 1. I would love to have him rear-facing. Do you know how to re-train him to sit rear-facing after such a long time and tummy issues?

What does the manual say about the padding? Weight, height RF/FF limits?

My mom moved my maunual this past weekend when we were moving things in the house. I really wish they still had the bugee cords that attached them to the seats.

BabyKaykes

What does the manual say about the padding? Weight, height RF/FF limits?

From the BLVD70 manual:

"The infant body pillow is
designed to provide better fit
and comfort for infants using
this child seat. Fold the flaps in
for additional side support.

NOTE: Remove the infant body pillow after child can sit comfortably in
the child seat without additional support."

Well, since it doesn't seem that he can sit comfortably without leaning, maybe you should put the padding back in.

Cryssy Jane

The reason he was sitting FF was because of Motion Sickness issues, also I got him ot too long ago and mom has had him sitting forward in her car since he turned 1. I would love to have him rear-facing. Do you know how to re-train him to sit rear-facing after such a long time and tummy issues?.

Bolded. All my daycare kids under 3 ride rear facing. Currently out of the 5 only 1 rides rear facing in their parents vehicle. I basically do a my car my rules kind of thing. As far as tummy issues have you tried giving him a book or a toy so that he's not looking out the windows?

emtb79

He has plenty of room rf in the TFP but the 5 yr old is using that one and really loves that.

He was 2 in July and he 34.5 inches tall. Im not certain on his weight. I know definitly under 40. His last weight in the signature. Give me a few moments to eat my lunch feed the scrreaming baby and I will get a better pic of him in the seat rf.

emtb79

Here he is RF also I stuck in the room left behind my driver seat. Is the seat allowed to be braced up against the driver seat?
picture.php

picture.php

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC