Maybe wrong forum?

canadiannancy

But not sure which the right one would be. I am seeing car seats in my sleep, been breathing them the last few weeks, and I am super excited to say I am hoping to become a tech!

Called my local SJA and they said they are actively recruiting people for tech classes, and should(hopefully) have the next session next month! And...I assumed there would be a cost, but if you agree to be part of the volunteer team it is free! (And I really want to be part of the volunteer team!) Need a police check (easy/peasy)and interview(Oh my nerves!) and I am so excited!

And...I have had a few less then best practice remarks about car seat usage lately, and have been scrolling thru the WWW to find info on Extended Harnessing, and especially Extended rear facing. I posted a couple of video links on my face book and someone who say the one on extended rear facing made a comment that they had been looking forward to turning their adorable 9 month old soon has said they are reconsidering! Obviously it is always up to the parents to do what they feel best(a long with the laws hopefully), but I felt so great getting a tiny message out there!

Please Mods, feel free to move this to the appropriate forum and everyone have a great night!

ADS

dragonfly8

Yay!!!!
I say DO IT!!!!!
I"m glad I did! I'm nervous yet excited about my first clinic, but I"m sure it will all be fine! After all, most of the stuff I've learned has been from the wonderful people here! Oh, and the fact that we have 4 kids.......let me tell you, things car seat wise have sure changed since my now 16 year old was in a seat!
I am all for extended harnessing and rear facing. My older harnessed child will be 5 in Feb and will probably be the only kid in kindergarten in a harnessed seat, I hate to admit, but he WILL be harnessed. My youngest will be 30 months at the end of September and he's still RF. He will be until he's 40lbs, as my radian will accommodate up to that.

I think with your want, your desire to become a tech, you'll do great! In my class, I was the only one that was there on my own will. The others were all there because their employers chose for them to be. And THAT, is why I got the highest mark in the class! It's because I have a passion for carseats and most of all, the safety they provide!

Good luck!

canadiannancy

The Lady from SJA said most everyone was taking the course because they had to for work baby stores and such, and they actually needed Volunteers for their clinics.

When I said that I have been gobbling up the info just for my four in seats and friends and family and would love to do the clinics she seemed happy. It is such a weird thing I think, but I am so excited to learn more and do it. A little nervous about what the interview entails, but the course can't come soon enough for me!

canadiannancy

Are you going to Mississauga? They're great :)

-N.

Not sure. I called the Cambridge Office, and then someone local called me back, so not sure if the training is available in the Kitchener Waterloo Area. I would gladly go to Mississauga if I had to, it isn't that far.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC