Question If you were me, would you sell your old MA?

Athena

We had 2 seats for DD2, one for each of our 2 vehicles. Just bought a new one. Now we have 3 seats so I *should* sell one, but I'm having trouble convincing myself to do it. :D Any reason to keep it I might not have thought of? Thanks!

Last edited:
ADS

Athena

I was thinking about asking for advice on pricing, but then I realized that - I think that is only allowed in the swap area, right? For which I would have to qualify to post? Even if I am only asking for advice on pricing, not actually making an offer for sale?

Thanks for the info!

NannyMom

Will she still fit in it for awhile? If so, I'd keep it. But I like to have a back up seat.

I just had to send my TFP back to Learning Curve, and it's driving me crazy that I'm using the carseat from SIL's car, and she doesn't have a seat now (and it would ahve been handy for her to have it, when DD and I needed to be picked up from the ER a few days ago.

Athena

Good point. Thank you. I hadn't thought about the what if we have a malfunction with another seat, although that would still leave us with two seats and for a long time we only had 2-3 seats total for 2 kids. I tried to talk the grandparents into taking it, but they declined. :( She does still fit in it, but I think by the time she outgrows her new RA55 by height, she'll be closing in on the 33 pound RF weight limit and that was my logic for why I should make myself sell it (and we could use the money). When DD saw it sitting inside, she became very excited and sat in it happily so I joked we could use it as a chair and DH joked it could be our most expensive chair. :D (sad, but actually true) With the declining prices on the classic MAs, I'm wondering if I can get much for it anyway, the reason I was hoping to ask advice on that. That affects my decision because it's not like we're rolling in money.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC