She doesn't look comfy in the Coccoro...too much padding? pics included

todzwife

I installed the coccoro yesterday and it went in beautifully. It freed up a good 3-4 inches of legroom in my seat. I put DD in it this morning and she looks like she's uncomfortable and didn't fall asleep at all. I heard her grunting too, like it was hard to breathe. The recline line was horizontal to the ground.

She's 4 months and 13 pounds 10 oz with her clothes on. I called combi and he suggested I take it to a tech but there aren't any in our area.

The padding is just so much it pushes her bum forward. I tried her in a disposable thinking it was her cloth diaper but it made little difference.

help please!
008-18.jpg

006-21.jpg

009-16.jpg

010-15.jpg

011-12.jpg

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
it could be the angles, but it looks like she is WAY too upright. That line does not look anywhere close to horizontal with the ground. I am judging it against the line of the window, and it doesn't look right. Could you please take a pic directly on from the side?

todzwife

yes, the Radian is reclined. The car seat itself is reclined. Is that a no-no? I asked about it before and didn't get an answer.

Here are a couple more pictures. The line is straight with the ground, but the car seat slopes inward. Should I add a towel or something to recline it more?
015-6.jpg

014-9.jpg

I wish there was a tech here :(

todzwife

no, it kind of slants toward the drivers side...it's just the way the door is.

All the pictures were taken on level ground, me right in front of the seat squatted to get down to the level of the seat. I was also on level ground and not falling over or tilting the camera.

I don't know what to think...

Have I mentioned I hate this car.:thumbsdown:

Mae

yes, the Radian is reclined. The car seat itself is reclined. Is that a no-no? I asked about it before and didn't get an answer.

You mean you have the recline feature enabled on the Radian? Yes, that is fine. If it wasn't ok to use, then they wouldn't have it on the seat. ;)

Is the vehicle seat reclined? I will admit, that Radian looks really reclined. Really, really reclined.

And where are you located? Are you sure there isn't a tech near you? Have you searched the Find A Tech Near You thread?

And yes, what a cutie! :love:

todzwife

The vehicle seat was reclined all the way. I just messed with it and only reclined it 1 click and reinstalled the radian and put the cocorro back in and reclined it about 1/4 inch more than in the pictures and it looks better...I'll try DD in it again in a minute.

the nearest tech is 3 hours away.

Mae

The vehicle seat was reclined all the way. I just messed with it and only reclined it 1 click and reinstalled the radian and put the cocorro back in and reclined it about 1/4 inch more than in the pictures and it looks better...I'll try DD in it again in a minute.

the nearest tech is 3 hours away.

You should probably check your car manual. What does it state about reclining the vehicle seat when using car seats? Some have specific rules.

todzwife

It didn't say anything about car seats and the vehicle recline.

Does this look better? She still looks weird.

019-5.jpg

018-5.jpg

020-5.jpg

Angela

I've had the same problem with the little guy I've been putting in mine. I was thinking it was the cloth diaper too, but I tried him in it a day or so later and it fit him better. I did uninstall it and reinstall it a few times, because I only have him a few days a week and I needed the seat. :) So maybe the recline IS the issue. I did email Vera at Sunshine kids and she said that it's fine to take the padding out before they reach 15 lbs. As long as the straps fit okay. She said the reason they put that in there is because it can help with airway restriction in younger infants. Just in case that would make a difference.

todzwife

No, I didn't think I could because it says it MUST be used under 15 pounds...can I try it w/out? I think it would work better...

Mae

I'd at least try and see if it makes a difference.

I've had the same problem with the little guy I've been putting in mine. I was thinking it was the cloth diaper too, but I tried him in it a day or so later and it fit him better. I did uninstall it and reinstall it a few times, because I only have him a few days a week and I needed the seat. :) So maybe the recline IS the issue. I did email Vera at Sunshine kids and she said that it's fine to take the padding out before they reach 15 lbs. As long as the straps fit okay. She said the reason they put that in there is because it can help with airway restriction in younger infants. Just in case that would make a difference.

Wait, why'd you ask Sunshine Kids?

menfusse

Well, I have nothing useful to contribute. I just wanted to say I could totally eat her chunky little legs right off. She is soooo stinkin' adorable.

babyherder

She's adorable. She looks pretty happy in the first picture but maybe try with the padding out and she'll be even happier! And then you can post another pic!!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC