7m and 4y in RA55, RN, and CA (pics)

Meg

I just bought a RA55 for my youngest, so I took some pics of both kids in all our convertible seats to compare how much room they have to grow.

Also, I took some pics of the recline on the new Britax seats since a lot of people seem to be having issues with it:
sep016-1.jpg

Just pull and it easily reclines:
sep025.jpg

7 month old son, 20lbs and 29inches:
sep019.jpg
sep021-1.jpg

He had 8 inches above his head.

4 year old son, 35lbs and 37inches:
sep026.jpg
sep028.jpg

He had 3 inches above his head.

Here is my 7 month old in the CA on the lowest slot and highest slot:
sep016.jpg
sep017.jpg

And here he is in his current seat (that is being replaced with the RA55):
sep021.jpg

Here is my 4 year old in his regular seat:
sep003.jpg
sep007.jpg

I never realized just how tall the CA was until I took these pics!
In the RN 80SL:
sep011.jpg

I'm really happy with the RA55 and my oldest thought it was really comfy. He said the material was "very cozy!" ;) So anyway, does anyone want any particular measurements?

eta: Are these pics showing up HUGE for anyone?

Last edited:
ADS

canadiangie

I guess at this point I would maybe like to see a MyRide 65 next to a new Britax seat. I just can't 'get' how small or big or whatever these new seats are. I'll probably have to wait another few weeks to a month before they make it up here. Curiosity is getting to me.

Athena

Thank you for sharing this! My DD is about 37" too! :)

Cute, happy kids! I'm amazed by how cooperative they are about trying the seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC