Disappointed in the New Britax seats.

judesmommy

Really. Really disappointed!

I used to always recommend Britax.... Why? Because it's so easy for parent's to install correctly. It's ALMOST "idiot" proof :whistle:

I have a Classic MA and I just love it! The lock offs make it easy for me to install quickly. It fits my skinny almost 2 year old well. He has lots of room and the straps never twist. Its easy to clean and fits well rearfacing in almost any car. It's not the very best ERF seat out there, but it fits alot of parent's needs, pocketbooks and cars. And that makes it a good seat in my book...

But the new Britax 70 seats are ridiculous IMHO. My son has like 2-3 inches left in it and he weighs 22lbs.... (He is tall, but still, not THAT tall!)... The harness adjuster was great, but the seat is bulky, even with a smaller base. It is short shelled. It's MUCH MUCH harder to install. The lock-offs were really hard to close. The cover moved around alot and slipped off alot. The only thing I liked was the new base and how light the seat was to pick up and move around. But, the ease of use was the best part about Britax seats and now it's so much harder to use the lockoffs. Big disappointment.

With seats like the radian in the same price range, I'm not so sure how they plan on competing. If I wanted a fat, short convertible, I could get a EFTA for way less...

I'm bummed out :(

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I have to say I wasn't personally impressed with the look of the new seats either. It's funny how some people seem to get as much room in their vehicles as the old ones had, while some get so much less!

I have to say I WAS impressed by the Safe Cell technology, and that the seats test forward-facing without a tether, at under the tethered limit.

cpsaddict

I had the absolute opposite experience. I have both old and new and I found the new on even easier to install than the old one. The recline lever works find for me and my tall DD has plenty of room to grow in it. To each their own I guess. I love my Marathon 70.

judesmommy

Maybe it was just the seat or the test bench or something. I might go back and try it. I really WANT to love it. I'm just not sure I can. Not when the radian fits my car so magically amazingly well.....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC