Noob in a Blvd70

kidzndogz

Sorry, nak

Limited phone pics but here's Liam in a Blvd70. He's 4 weeks old, 9lbs and 22inches.

The harness wouldn't go tight enough, the HUGS were in the way (too lazy to remove them), and I just wasn't a fan of the fit. He hated it too.

Compared to the old one the only thing I really thought was an improvement was the headrest and the deeper sides. Other than that I wasn't too impressed. That recline handle was awful!!! It felt like I was pulling a Tupperware lid.

I would have posted a comparison pic of him in the old Blvd but he was hysterical after the 70.
878e8b0d.jpg

ec8fd8f8.jpg

f5cbe4ce.jpg

722f1dca.jpg

ETA so much for legroom! His feet are already at the edge of the seat. He has more legroom in his CCO.

ADS

babyherder

Liam is adorable! It looks like the seat is trying to eat him or something! I don't think I would like it if I was him.

babygirlsmom1005

That is a perfect description of the recline handle, a Tupperware lid! I played with a Blvd. 70 yesterday as well with Marshall and well, I am far from impressed. The leg room was next to nothing and for my shorty of short kids (feet were on the bench at BRU), he only has 3 1/2 to 4 inches before his head is over the top of the shell, so 2 1/2 - 3 inches of growing room at 16 months old. I wanted to try Madeline in it (she was at school) but after seeing that, there is no way I could stuff her into one (she's about to be 5, 36 lbs and 42 inches tall).

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
I think Darren has the infant insert ordered and I'm sure he'll post something either here (on the forums) or on the blog when he has it.

Alicia - are you certain that was as tight as the harness straps would go? The reason I ask is because I had no problem getting the harness sufficiently snug on the 20" newborn-sized doll that I used in my blog review. In my photos I had removed the harness strap covers and belly pad because IME those types of add-ons usually just get in the way with a newborn but I found it relatively easy to get a good fit on the doll. Now obviously just because a doll fits doesn't mean every baby will but I was still surprised that you weren't able to get the straps any tighter on a 9 lbs, 22" baby.

View attachment 8003

kidzndogz

OP - are you certain that was as tight as the harness straps would go? The reason I ask is because I had no problem getting the harness sufficiently snug on the 20" newborn-sized doll that I used in my blog review. In my photos I had removed the harness strap covers and belly pad because IME those types of add-ons usually just get in the way with a newborn but I found it relatively easy to get a good fit on the doll. Now obviously just because a doll fits doesn't mean every baby will but I was still surprised that you weren't able to get the straps any tighter on a 9 lbs, 22" baby.

View attachment 8003

I gave it some good tugs, but I didn't feed the slack up through the HUGS and stuff because it just wasn't budging anymore and he was getting upset with me yanking on it.. It's a CS too and never clicked...

With the HUGS it was impossible to get a good fit anyway, and he is a skinny little chicken baby. It might fit a chubbier baby better. The harness wasn't on his shoulders properly and the fit on the hips/thighs was just too big/loose/blah. I could probably take him out of it without unbuckling the crotch buckle if I wanted to.

ETA I'm looking at your pic now and am wondering why it didn't fit him like that. Maybe there was an issue with the harness on the floor model? I really yanked that thing. Now I wanna try it again. Liam will be thrilled.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I agree..Tupperware lid is the best description I have heard for the recline lever...that is exactly it!

emtb79

I dont know how everyone is having such trouble with the recline. I must have gotten lucky with mine. Although Ive got to see how everything works so I put it on the table so I could get it into the middle recline position. Once I could see what I was doing I could work it fine. Also it was a little sticky at first but after the 100 times of playing withthe recline handle it works perfectly.

He's quite the cute little peanut.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC