Squeaky Radian?

BrendansMommy

Anybody else dealt with this? My Radian XTSL squeaks in the car like when going over bumps, hitting potholes, etc. I think it is the joint where the seat folds up. I've double checked and everything about the set-up and installation is exactly as it should be.

It's not a HUGE issue, just a minor irritant. I don't want to go squirting the seat down with WD40.

Anybody else have this happen?

ADS

JerseyGirl'sMama

I'm pretty sure WD40 can't be used on any carseat. :p

Mine sometimes squeaks if it is rubbing up against something else. I think the leather seats contribute to it. Is your Radian braced against anything?

BrendansMommy

The seats aren't leather. It's RF, and it is touching the front seat, but not "braced," if that makes sense. Since the vehicle seats aren't leather, I know it's not from rubbing on the front seat. And the Radian is rock solid in there, anyway. The middle seat between it and the FR85 is empty so it's not rubbing on the sides either.

I feel pretty sure it's the joint where the seat folds up. Like I said mildly annoying, but I dread taking a trip in it b/c it will drive my DH insane. The b#@%!ing that will ensue will not be pretty. :rolleyes:

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I have cloth, but my seats have definitely been known to squeak. It happens especially when I put my Radian RF braced on the passenger seat, but it's happened other times, too. It's definitely from the CR rubbing on the vehicle seat. Drives me a bit nuts, lol.

NannyMom

Mine squeaked when rear facing. It was the tether though. My DD's weight would recline the seat more, loosening the rear facing tether a bit, and the seat would bounce going over bumps, and the tether hook would rub on the Dring.

BrendansMommy

It's definitely coming from higher up than the D-ring. I'd ask my DH to listen for it to see if he thinks it's coming from the same place, but he'd never hear anything but the squeaking from that point onward. :rolleyes:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I always assumed it was the EPS foam...our old styrofoam cooler made the same sound in the car when I was a kid :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC