Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

3 across 03 Audi A4

HELP!
    I'm watching my friends DD daily and I need to get 3 in my A4 to drive my DS1 to school (school board changed schools on us and we are no longer within walking distance )

Kids stats
    DS1 - 5yrs - 34 lbs, 43", 15" torso, currently in a Nauti
    DS2 - 2yrs 5m - 26.5 lbs (was sick & lost some), 36", 12" torso, currently RF in MA
    Friends DD - 2 yrs Oct., 28 lbs, 33", 13" torso, FF (just turned) in a TF in mom's car. Mom has no problem if I RF her in my car.

I'm in Canada

Seats I currently have
    Nauti
    MA (30lb limit)
    ComfortSport
    piece of crap combo seat DS1 has outgrown
    CCO - illegal for me to use in Canada
    HB Turbo - DS is not 40lbs

DS1 HATES the Maestro, will not even sit in it to try anymore, just runs away screaming. I'd like to try as much as possible to keep him in his Nauti, but realize that it might not work.

Assume cost is not a factor, but if I need to buy 3 RN's, I will just trade in for a van. (which is what I want to do anyway)

Hope I didn't leave out any details

Thanks so much!
    Stephanie, Mom to 3 great boys:
    S - June/05 - 48", 43 lbs - Turbo
    B - April/08 - 44", 35 lbs - R100
    C - Feb/13 - 23", 9.5 lbs - Keyfit

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: 3 across 03 Audi A4

What if you got 1 Radian? Can you go somewhere to try seats? I'd try MA, Comfortsport, Radian. Trying to minimize seats to buy. Or, does your oldest still fit in the MA? Could you get a Scenera for the friend's child, put yours in the CS, and your oldest in the MA?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Caleb 11 yrs. 70lbs. 55" 5-steps Megan 8.5 yrs. 45lbs. 48" Harmony Literider
    Grace 6 yrs. 40lbs. 42" Nautilus
    Cameron 4 yrs. 34lb. 39" Radian XTSL
    Sally born 4/28 SR35, Zach born 4/28 Combi Coccoro

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: 3 across 03 Audi A4

Radian Marathon Radian will work. I've done it in my husband's 2004 Audi. Three Radians also should work. The Nautilus does not play well with others in a three across there. I couldn't do Nautilus, Parkway, Radian across the back when we were shipping the car.

I'll move you to the Canadian forum for specific recommendations on where to buy.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785