Should I get RSTV and sell the GN

mburks26

I think I have solved my dilemma. Let me know what you think

1. Would you be fine with a 5 year old in a Vivo booster 100 % of the time. When she has been in it shes rides fine even on a long 6 hr trip. Sleeping was fine in it better then the GN.

This plan all depends on that.

I really wanted to keep the GN until dd outgrew the harness she has about an inch left. But the three across in the Jetta is coming up more and more. I need something that will work 3 boosters or 2 boosters and 1 harness seat is not. I also need another booster that fits the darn Civic the only one I have found is the Vivo and harmony lite rider, but I also need a high back that goes tall for one dc that I have she already has at least 18 inch torso.

My new plan is get the dc with the long torso a Cosco Pronto I do have head rest in the truck nothing higher then the GN will fit. The GN hits the top of the truck so 33 inches tall is all I can get here. I like the new Air booster but I don't want to spend too much on this dc that I have 2 times a week and we only go some where once every other week. It would not be used but a handful of times.
Then also get a RSTV for my dd.

The RSTV will allow the 3 across in the Jetta, will work in the Jeep Commander if we ever needed it to and can work in the car lap only in the middle to be able to 3 across and also can work in lap only spot in the truck. I do have tethers in the Truck and Civic. The RSTV after a certain weight just needs the double tethers (has anyone used the double in a Truck were the tethers are on the back of the seat at the bottom? wonder if the RSTV tethers are long enough the car not worried about will they interfere with other boosters since i would have to use the outboard tethers?)
I know that will only solve the issues of lap only til dd is 80 lbs but thats gonna be at least 30 pounds away and hopefully by then we will have a new truck with lap shoulder belts in all three spots. I could also use the RSTV is we ever fly before dd is 9 that is the youngest I would ever think about putting my dd in a backless.

All kids stats are as follows

dc #1 9 yrs mom is putting her back in a booster she is going into the harmony lite rider thats the one she wants since there are no more pink Vivos . Not sure on weight or height maybe 70 lbs and 47 or so inch's tall not too much taller then my dd

dc #2 my dd 5 (turned 5 in June) 43-47 inches not too sure 45-50lbs Vivo and RSTV

dc #3 will be 5 in Nov 43-47 inches 60-65 lbs she has out grown the GN in harness mode so at least 18 inch torso using Pronto unless we take the car then she will be in the Vivo

Set up as follows
Truck
dc #1 backless
dc #2 Vivo or RSTV depending on 3 across or not
dc #3 Pronto

Jetta
dc #1 backless
dc #2 RSTV
dc #3 Pronto

Civic
dc #1 backless
dc #2 RSTV
dc #3 Vivo

The RSTV should be fine for few years you think?

Any other ides would be welcomed really the cheeper the better as dh will flip me getting once again another 2 seats.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC