School me on boosters

tl01

New pic below:).

Okay, we aren't going to start using this seat yet... But I'm just getting ready. Here's DS1 in a parkway sg. How bad is the fit? Should I adjust the sg clip and make it shorter?
21472524.jpg

6f6caeca.jpg

Look what happens if he slouches. How do you keep a child from slouching? Is he just too young?

24590f3c.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'd shorten the crotch strap and raise the headrest a notch to see if it makes the shoulder strap a little closer to his neck.

What a cutie! :)

lauralou

He is cute! I agree if you raise the headrest,maybe the belt will fit better.My youngest did the slouching too.We put his Turbo up for later:eek:

tl01

As soon as I posted the pics I could see I needed to move up the headrest. It made a huge difference. Does the word britax on the sg clip face him? I need to re-read the manual about how to adjust it. Also, does the parkway require headrest support?

tl01

Is the lap belt too high? Will it be lower once I adjust the sg clip? Also, does he have to keep his head on the back of the seat? When he sits naturally his head is a little bit forward. No crossing the legs right?

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I think the lap belt is WAY too high. It should lie across the tops of the LEGS. It shouldn't touch the tummy at all. My personal preference is probably a tad extreme in that regard, but especially on tinies, I want it really low.

Pixels

The rule is that the lap belt should be as low as possible, touching the thighs. Touching the tummy, even mostly on the tummy, is fine as long as it is also touching the thighs.

In pic #2, the belt is too far to the side of his shoulder. Moving the headrest up should help, but take a look to be sure. When he slouched, the belt stayed in position well on his shoulder. Not bad.

You have the SG clip on wrong. It goes between his body and the belt, then thread the belt under the clip. So the slot should be visible.

The PW does not require vehicle head support, but my preference is to provide it whenever possible.

Um, why do you have a RFing mirror over a FFing seat?

tl01

I think the lap belt is WAY too high. It should lie across the tops of the LEGS. It shouldn't touch the tummy at all. My personal preference is probably a tad extreme in that regard, but especially on tinies, I want it really low.

I think it is too high too. Does the sg help with that?

tl01

The rule is that the lap belt should be as low as possible, touching the thighs. Touching the tummy, even mostly on the tummy, is fine as long as it is also touching the thighs.

In pic #2, the belt is too far to the side of his shoulder. Moving the headrest up should help, but take a look to be sure. When he slouched, the belt stayed in position well on his shoulder. Not bad.

You have the SG clip on wrong. It goes between his body and the belt, then thread the belt under the clip. So the slot should be visible.

The PW does not require vehicle head support, but my preference is to provide it whenever possible.

Um, why do you have a RFing mirror over a FFing seat?

I had just moved the radian over to give me more room. No one was sitting in it. Usually DS2 sits there RFing. I have the mirror bc he has terribl reflex and he gags on it occasionally.

tl01

Re: School me on boosters.... Updated.....

Here's a pic from this morning. Is the fit better now? Ignore the silly face please.

a65fbdcc.jpg

henrietta

Is the SG clip still backwards? It didn't look like you turned it around (or am I confused)?

I'm interested b/c I think we'll add this booster for ds to start booster training in when it's time.

henrietta

tl01

Is the SG clip still backwards? It didn't look like you turned it around (or am I confused)?

I'm interested b/c I think we'll add this booster for ds to start booster training in when it's time.

henrietta

I think it is correct in my last pic post #11.

Pixels

henrietta

In the original pics, you can't see the word Britax. Now you can. It's turned correctly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC