2000 Suburban

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I am looking at getting a new-to-me Suburban. I found a 2000 model that I like and can afford. I'd love a newer one, but don't want the icky big payment! Anyway, I THINK there are 3 top tether anchors (2 in the center row) and one in the 3rd (passenger side outboard). Can anyone confirm this???? I didn't look in the manual when I was checking it out.

Unfortunately, the tether anchors in the 2nd row won't do me much good as I keep my rf kiddos in the 2nd row, but I'd like to know for sure anyway.

Another thing, I've read online the 2000 Suburban has side airbags for the driver and front passenger. Is this standard on all 2000 subs??? I didn't even look on the seats as I had no idea it came with them.

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Well for those that are curious, the 2000 Suburban comes with FOUR top tether anchors (3 in the 2nd row and 1 in the 3rd row passenger side outboard), and it does have side air bags for the front passengers.

AND it looks really good in my driveway. :p AND it holds THREE BIG Britax's in the 3rd row!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What more can a girl ask for?? Ok, tether anchors in all positions would be sweet! LOL

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Congrats on your new wheels! It's so great that three Britax seats fit in the third row, and the side airbags up front are a nice bonus. :2thumbsup:

Tara

I'm envious! I want my 'burban back *sniff* *pout* *stomp*
We had a '94, but it was dying. Traded it in for a '98 Expedition. *sniff* I miss my 'burban, more room! Same seating, of course, but more overall room. *sigh* Did I mention I miss my 'burban? hehe

Enjoy the new(to you) ride ;)

lovemyfamily

I have a 2001 Burb, well the GMC version, the Yukon XL and I love it. I do have a tether anchor on the drivers side for the 3rd row though, do you not have one there? I am honestly not sure if I have one for the passenger side though, in the 3rd row, going to have to check.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
According to my manual, I have 4...3 in the middle row and 1 in the 3rd row passenger side. I'll have to double check to see if there is one on the driver side, that would make my day!

lovemyfamily

According to my manual, I have 4...3 in the middle row and 1 in the 3rd row passenger side. I'll have to double check to see if there is one on the driver side, that would make my day!
I forgot to check on the passenger side, but I know it is there on the drivers, since that is where DS #1s Regent is tethered. Let me know.
Do you have horses? I see them in your avatar? We are a horse family, so that is why I was asking.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Do you have horses? I see them in your avatar? We are a horse family, so that is why I was asking.

Yep. Those are our 2 foals from last year. Honey (buckskin) was sold, and we still have Grace (black tovero). Here is a pic of Gracie (now a yearling) with her 2yr old brother Scooter. My riding horse George is off to the left, and the filly on the right is dh's future cutting horse!

DSCF6243.jpg

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I have an '05 Z71 Tahoe (2nd row caption chairs though).

Yes, Your correct you have 3 in the 2nd row with the 2nd row bench & 1 in the 3rd row. It's been on the passenger outboard for several years now but I know a few years it was on the driver outboard. But, There is only 1 on the 3rd row though.

Also if you ever put a rf'ing Britax on the 2nd row there is a tether hook on the front passenger inner leg for rear face tethering. Just so you know that it's there. It's not in the vehicle manual.

I have pics of the rearface tether hook & the 3rd row tether hook in my photobucket acct but it appears their site is down right now. I'll post them when it's back up.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Also if you ever put a rf'ing Britax on the 2nd row there is a tether hook on the front passenger inner leg for rear face tethering. Just so you know that it's there. It's not in the vehicle manual.

I have pics of the rearface tether hook & the 3rd row tether hook in my photobucket acct but it appears their site is down right now. I'll post them when it's back up.

OOOOOH please post this picture, as I have a rf MA driverside outboard, and will also have one in the center if/when the time comes. Oh I just reread that, that's on the passenger side...well that will still help when I install one in the center.

As for the outboard one, I use the bar that goes across under the seat. Is that OK? We don't move the seat...well my dd does if she drives it (which is RARE and NEVER with the kids) and I just loosen the tether to allow her to move the seat.

lovemyfamily

My Suburban, GMC Yukon XL is a 2001. I double checked today and the tether hook is toward the drivers side of the middle for the 3rd row. So it would work for a seat in the middle or on the driver side, but not for a seat on the passenger side. Good to know since that is where we had planned to put DS #2 when we add #3 to our family. Not sure what we will do then.

lovemyfamily

Yep. Those are our 2 foals from last year. Honey (buckskin) was sold, and we still have Grace (black tovero). Here is a pic of Gracie (now a yearling) with her 2yr old brother Scooter. My riding horse George is off to the left, and the filly on the right is dh's future cutting horse!

DSCF6243.jpg

I LOVE buckskins. I think this will be the last summer for my buckskin, FreeBe, he hasn't wintered well the last 2 years and I think it is time to not make him suffer through another winter anymore. He is about 26.
We have 4 geldings, a paint mare, and a mule. I will try to post a photo. Need to find one on Shutterfly.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I LOVE buckskins. I think this will be the last summer for my buckskin, FreeBe, he hasn't wintered well the last 2 years and I think it is time to not make him suffer through another winter anymore. He is about 26.
We have 4 geldings, a paint mare, and a mule. I will try to post a photo. Need to find one on Shutterfly.

I'll find some pics of Honey...she was/is a beautiful baby! Those 4 are just a sampling of our heard...we have 10. Well, 8 if you consider we just sent 2 to live with a friend of mine on a long term loan...they have more land...less to feed for us etc! LOL

I'll PM you the pictures so we don't get too far OT!

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
OOOOOH please post this picture, as I have a rf MA driverside outboard, and will also have one in the center if/when the time comes. Oh I just reread that, that's on the passenger side...well that will still help when I install one in the center.

As for the outboard one, I use the bar that goes across under the seat. Is that OK? We don't move the seat...well my dd does if she drives it (which is RARE and NEVER with the kids) and I just loosen the tether to allow her to move the seat.

Here is how I had Kinlee's MA tethered in my Tahoe. She was in the driver caption chair as Kaylee had to be in the passenger caption chair for carpool line. I just like you made sure not to move the seat forward/back and if it had to be moved I readjusted her angle.
IMG_1160.jpg

Here is the rear face tether hook on the inner front passenger leg. It can be used for 2nd row center of pass outboard.
IMG_0398.jpg

This is my 3rd row tether hook. It can be used for the center or pass outboard position (of course not to be used at the same time for both positions).
IMG_4980.jpg

lovemyfamily

Here is how I had Kinlee's MA tethered in my Tahoe. She was in the driver caption chair as Kaylee had to be in the passenger caption chair for carpool line. I just like you made sure not to move the seat forward/back and if it had to be moved I readjusted her angle.
IMG_1160.jpg

Here is the rear face tether hook on the inner front passenger leg. It can be used for 2nd row center of pass outboard.
IMG_0398.jpg

This is my 3rd row tether hook. It can be used for the center or pass outboard position (of course not to be used at the same time for both positions).
IMG_4980.jpg

I have that same hook behind the 3rd row in my XL. There is a handle, that is used to fold the seat forward for more cargo room, and to the left of that handles, is the tether hook. So it can be used for the drivers side or center, 3rd row. This is going to cause issue for me, and I may need to see about getting another tether hook installed from GMC, as when we have #3 we were going to move DS#2 to the 3rd row, passenger side, and there would be no hook for his tether, baby will go middle row, center seat. Any suggestions?

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Jenny...what year is your vehicle?? I'll have to check mine tomorrow to see about the spot on the passenger front seat. I'm thinking I don't have that, but not certain. I can get the tether around the leg of the center console...do you think that would work?

I'm glad to see you tether to the same spot on the driver seat. That's the bar I use. Nice and stout!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
This is going to cause issue for me, and I may need to see about getting another tether hook installed from GMC, as when we have #3 we were going to move DS#2 to the 3rd row, passenger side, and there would be no hook for his tether, baby will go middle row, center seat. Any suggestions?

Lori, it's my understanding that if a vehicle comes standard with top tether anchors, you can not get additional ones installed. I'd LOVE to be wrong on this, as I'd love more in the 3rd row.

Honestly, I don't think it's much harder working on the driver side for the 3rd row. I'm tall enough that I can reach in from the back door on the driver side and unbuckle the harness to let that kiddo out. I can also stand on the side of the Sub and buckle them in, although usually I just put all 3 kids in the back, they get into their seats (and trust me, they each have their own!) and then I step into the 3rd row and buckle all of them.

If your tether anchor can be used for the center location, I'd probably be tempted to put them there, unless it causes visability issues. In that case, keeping him on the driver side will eliminate that, or at least reduce it dramatically.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC