What would you recommend?

AtTheSouthDam

Asking for a friend. She has decided that instead of buying another carrier base for her S32 she would rather spend the money on a good, long lasting convertible. She wants small too but I am not sure why :confused: The room in her car is to die for.

Stats:
2 months old, girl, nearly 12# and 22", IIRC. She was 6.5# at birth and 20". That should give some idea of rate of growth. Big sis grew off the charts at an early age for height and stayed that way.

Car: She says she wants it for the 2010 Honda Pilot. I think it would be good if it fits in the 2004 Honda Civic as well ;)

Budget: She will spend the money if it is the best seat for her situation but kinda of balked at the price of a RN.

I recommended the TF or TFP. I told her she could take the headrest off and have a small seat until her DD was older and could sit more upright. I wanted to hear what you guys suggest!

TIA

ADS

munchkin

The whole time I was reading the first part I was thinking TF/clone too. Because of price, compactness, fits littles well.

petriescz

We have the Pilot 2010 and have TF installed. It fits greats in all three spots with seatbelt or latch. With the top on we do not even have to move the seats up.

I didn't like the install ease of the CA or Radian in this car. We also have a BV that installs easily.

Pixels

I have a 2002 Civic, same as the 2004 (except 2004 has adjustable headrests). The TF fits outboard without pushing the front seats up, or center, but no way to get three across with this seat/vehicle. Then again, there's about three combinations of seats that work three across in this vehicle, so it's pretty moot anyway.

AtTheSouthDam

I have a 2002 Civic, same as the 2004 (except 2004 has adjustable headrests). The TF fits outboard without pushing the front seats up, or center, but no way to get three across with this seat/vehicle. Then again, there's about three combinations of seats that work three across in this vehicle, so it's pretty moot anyway.

Three across will probably never be an issue in the civic. She has one daughter, one stepdaughter and is hoping to have another in a few years. So the weekends she has the step daughter they'll probably just drive the Pilot ;)

Sounds like I was good with the TF/P :) I just have issues recommending a seat I really did not like :eek: Perhaps she'll like it better :)

AtTheSouthDam

Ok, not "small" but narrow. She was by again today. I gave her the suggestion and she wants something her step daughter can buckle herself easy when sitting next to. SDD had issues with the seat belt in the pilot when SS1 was in the middle seat. The TF is not a narrow seat.

She likes the RN but for that price she wants to be sure it will work. So she played with mine. It fit nicely and the angle looked good. Andone have issues with a RN in a Pilot or Civic? (Her civic is newer than our and th ebody style is different but I told her it fits in ours :) )

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC