Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

What would you recommend?

Asking for a friend. She has decided that instead of buying another carrier base for her S32 she would rather spend the money on a good, long lasting convertible. She wants small too but I am not sure why The room in her car is to die for.

Stats:
    2 months old, girl, nearly 12# and 22", IIRC. She was 6.5# at birth and 20". That should give some idea of rate of growth. Big sis grew off the charts at an early age for height and stayed that way.

Car: She says she wants it for the 2010 Honda Pilot. I think it would be good if it fits in the 2004 Honda Civic as well

Budget: She will spend the money if it is the best seat for her situation but kinda of balked at the price of a RN.

I recommended the TF or TFP. I told her she could take the headrest off and have a small seat until her DD was older and could sit more upright. I wanted to hear what you guys suggest!

TIA
    If I'm here tell me to get back to writing
    Writing, dreaming, homeschooling mom to Beth, 10-03, and Ciara, 6-06
    http://dreamingatthesouthdam.wordpress.com/

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: What would you recommend?

The whole time I was reading the first part I was thinking TF/clone too. Because of price, compactness, fits littles well.
    Katie ~ expired CPST & aunt to
    M 12.5 years & E 9.5 years & A 5.5 years & J 2.5 years & L 11 months

Carseat Crazy

We have the Pilot 2010 and have TF installed. It fits greats in all three spots with seatbelt or latch. With the top on we do not even have to move the seats up.

I didn't like the install ease of the CA or Radian in this car. We also have a BV that installs easily.

I would also recommend the TFP
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt
    DD2 8y/o 45" 52lbs. backless
    DS 7y/o 51" 58lbs. ProBooster or backless

I have a 2002 Civic, same as the 2004 (except 2004 has adjustable headrests). The TF fits outboard without pushing the front seats up, or center, but no way to get three across with this seat/vehicle. Then again, there's about three combinations of seats that work three across in this vehicle, so it's pretty moot anyway.
    Melissa, CPST and Mom to three

Quote Originally Posted by Pixels View Post
    I have a 2002 Civic, same as the 2004 (except 2004 has adjustable headrests). The TF fits outboard without pushing the front seats up, or center, but no way to get three across with this seat/vehicle. Then again, there's about three combinations of seats that work three across in this vehicle, so it's pretty moot anyway.
    Three across will probably never be an issue in the civic. She has one daughter, one stepdaughter and is hoping to have another in a few years. So the weekends she has the step daughter they'll probably just drive the Pilot

Sounds like I was good with the TF/P I just have issues recommending a seat I really did not like Perhaps she'll like it better

Quote Originally Posted by atsuydam View Post
    I just have issues recommending a seat I really did not like Perhaps she'll like it better
    I feel the same way. But mya's main seat is a TF and I will get one for my BIL for his truck when my sis has a baby.
    Katie ~ expired CPST & aunt to
    M 12.5 years & E 9.5 years & A 5.5 years & J 2.5 years & L 11 months

Ok, not "small" but narrow. She was by again today. I gave her the suggestion and she wants something her step daughter can buckle herself easy when sitting next to. SDD had issues with the seat belt in the pilot when SS1 was in the middle seat. The TF is not a narrow seat.

She likes the RN but for that price she wants to be sure it will work. So she played with mine. It fit nicely and the angle looked good. Andone have issues with a RN in a Pilot or Civic? (Her civic is newer than our and th ebody style is different but I told her it fits in ours )