Rumi Air

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It's not that bad in person.

It has a very interesting truss system, allowing a combination of rigidity and flexibility of the shell.

christineka

It's not that bad in person.

It has a very interesting truss system, allowing a combination of rigidity and flexibility of the shell.

So, tell us if you can- how high is the top harness position?

I sure hope dorel makes some better looking covers for it. It's really ugly.

Mags462

I will be all over this is it fits the littles in booster mode better. My lightweights drown in the Nauti in booster mode. Of course we aren't to that age yet, but i can already tell the Nauti will not cut it for boostering :( I didn't really expect it too, but i really hoped :rolleyes:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Uh, yeah, the "Truss System" and "Belt Paths" are maybe not strong bullet points to introduce the seat to people... Now I'm curious, it sounds weird, I'll go read, but... yeah.

Edit: and LATCH is confusing enough without inventing a new term called 'one click latch'.

Ladyl

That seat is hideous.

From the 360 tour: "Truss system provides added strength and gives the seat an appealing appearance." Yum..yeah. Does anyone have more info on what the truss system actually is? I'm not clear on that, maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

It would be interesting to see in person, though. There needs to be more good combo seats.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Unfortunately they went over the mechanical details SO FAST I couldn't even take notes on it all. But it sounded like a good idea to me. Basically it's to reduce the energy transfer to the child in a crash, and allow better SIP, is what I took from it.

The Dorel rep was NEVER there to answer questions, when he was for a few minutes he was mobbed and I didn't get a chance. :( And the Rumi was only out for one day, not 2, so I only got one quick look at it. The slots seemed higher than the Cosco HBB standard but I didn't get measurements.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC