How cheap do the Kohls jumping beans mix n match stuff typically go?

Holly

Anyone know about how low they tend to go?
They are at 2 for $12 now, do they get lower than that?
I usually get cheaper mix n match type stuff for my kids and this year my girls are both in the girls section not toddler so I haven't checked any store yet but I'm not worried about finding them cute stuff. But for Josh, I looked at the Target stuff and I don't think it's that cute this year, haven't checked Walmart yet. The jumping Bean stuff is super cute, I'd love to get that if I can just get it cheaper (I'm used to paying $3.50-$4.50 per shirt, not too much of a difference but it adds up when you buy a lot.

ADS

msg221

I buy them when they are on sale for $3.99 then use the 15% off shopping pass they send in the mail or e-mail to me and use one of those $5 off coupons you can get on e-Bay. I think it ended up being less than $3 for an outfit (last time I got a shirt and capris for the girls and a shirt and shorts for the boys). I haven't seen them go less than $3.99 during a regular sale. Maybe once they go to clearance.

Oops, I just went back and read that your girls are no longer in the toddler section. I think the girls stuff goes down to $4.49 or so at the cheapest during a regular sale.

myliljunebugs

I usually find them for $2 to $3 a piece plus get my mom's discount whatever that may be at the time. They are a really great line and if I didn't know how cheap I could get them I would easily spend more than that ;) DD has 5 outfits right now in that brand.

Maggie

Yeah, $6 a piece is nuts. They're cute, but CHEAP. They shrink so much I have to buy a size bigger than the girls usually wear, otherwise they're so small after the first time through the wash they're useless.

I scored a ton of stuff on the 80% off rack for $1.49-2.00. It is for next summer, but that's the only way I'll buy the Jumping Beans stuff.

msg221

Yeah, $6 a piece is nuts. They're cute, but CHEAP. They shrink so much I have to buy a size bigger than the girls usually wear, otherwise they're so small after the first time through the wash they're useless.

I scored a ton of stuff on the 80% off rack for $1.49-2.00. It is for next summer, but that's the only way I'll buy the Jumping Beans stuff.

Hmm, I haven't noticed that problem with the Jumping Beans stuff I have bought and that has been A LOT!! I have always had it wash up well and still look nice. In fact, some of the Jumping Beans outfits from last summer have already been handed down as well from the godchildren to the grandchildren.

Clothes can be weird like that though. I can never consistently buy anything from Old Navy that will work. Just a few weeks ago I bought about three pair of their women's khakis, same style, same size, just different colors. I had to return one pair because they were so much bigger than the other two that I could take them off without even unbuttoning or unzipping them! Later, when I read reviews on their website, there were many complaints about the same thing that happened to me.

MySillyKids

I've noticed the same thing. I buy size 4T for dd, because they get too small too fast. And she's only 2.

and yes, i wait until they're on the 80% off rack. I wouldn't buy them any other way.

AtTheSouthDam

Hee, shrinking is why I :love: jumping beans. The cotton capris, not knit, fit DD2 perfectly and I know for many kids they are too tight. Oh and the shirts are short too, perfect for miss no torso ;) Her favorites this year were the skorts but they are bit big in the waist. They'll still fit next year. I need to go over and get some leggings soon, last years are bit too short.
I usually wait for the $3.99 and then use a 30% off coupon if I can get a hold of one. For girls sizes I will go for the 2 fo $12 if I have coupon but they don't fit DD1 nearly as well. I tend to just pick up tees for her.

Dillipop

Huh, I wonder if that's a girl thing versus a boy thing. I've never had any of the boys jumping beans stuff shrink. In fact, my 4 year old was wearing size 2T shorts this summer and they were perfect. I have no problems spending $6 on their fleece pants and shirts.

msg221

No, I have bought a ton of the girls stuff and never had them shrink on me. This season I bought Nour and Katelyn the cotton capris, skorts, and the little tanks and short sleeve tees in the size they normally wear, 18 months and 12 months, and they still fit fine after washing. They wear the same size in other brands too. The other brand I buy a lot is Carter's and they all fit the same as Jumping Beans.

Maggie

Eh, who knows.

They're cute clothes, but obviously not high quality. I wouldn't say every piece I've ever had shrank, but it happens much more frequently than say, Gymbo or Gap.

They just don't hold up as well, the leggings get faded often.

Like I said, I love the stuff. My girls are addicted to leggings. I just won't pay full price for them because I know quality wise, they aren't worth the $6.99 a piece full price. :twocents:

aclayton74

I always get the Jumping Beans for FREE!! I buy a bunch of the $5.00 Kohls coupons on Ebay usually $100.00 worth for $.99. Than I go to Kohls and do separete transactions for each piece of clothing. Takes a bit of time to check out but worth it in the end for free clothes. I also do this with the older boys socks and underwear. usually get socks for $1-2 and boxers for $2-3. I just got my niece 9 pairs of panties and 6 bras for $8.00 using the coupons.

myliljunebugs

That is so weird, maybe we have just lucked out but nothing of Ella's has ever shrunk or faded. She wears size 5 JB just like she does in Gap and Gymboree (although some Gymbo stuff is size 4) and I've never had shrinking problems. It doesn't feel the same quality as either of those but it is better than Old Navy, Target, and WM IMO.

msg221

I always get the Jumping Beans for FREE!! I buy a bunch of the $5.00 Kohls coupons on Ebay usually $100.00 worth for $.99. Than I go to Kohls and do separete transactions for each piece of clothing. Takes a bit of time to check out but worth it in the end for free clothes. I also do this with the older boys socks and underwear. usually get socks for $1-2 and boxers for $2-3. I just got my niece 9 pairs of panties and 6 bras for $8.00 using the coupons.

You've got more patience than me! Now do they let you use more than one of those $5 off coupons? Because one time I accidentally handed the cashier two because they were stuck together and she said to me, "you know you can only use one of these coupons per household." So if I do use them, I only take one and then I will go to another register. I just can't imagine buying ten pieces of clothing and then handing them ten coupons and asking them to ring each one up separately and likely ticking off everyone in line behind me!

aclayton74

You've got more patience than me! Now do they let you use more than one of those $5 off coupons? Because one time I accidentally handed the cashier two because they were stuck together and she said to me, "you know you can only use one of these coupons per household." So if I do use them, I only take one and then I will go to another register. I just can't imagine buying ten pieces of clothing and then handing them ten coupons and asking them to ring each one up separately and likely ticking off everyone in line behind me!

It depends on the cashier. I went the other day and my son and I did 20 transactions in a row. Now today I took my niece (who is 13) shopping and we used 10 coupons and we got 2 pairs of jeans, 3 packs of socks and 5 shirts for $28.00!! First I sent my son and my niece with 2 coupons each and they did not have a problem. Then I sent them up with one more coupon each and she was like it is only 2 per household so she called the manager and they let me use the rest. So it just depends on the day, the Kohls and the cashier.

And as far as the people behind me I always take extra coupons and pass them out to the customers behind me....

Last edited:

Athena

I haven't bought a lot of it, but have been very happy with the jumping beans clothes we've had (toddler girls stuff). I haven't gotten the deals some of you have, but I've felt they were worth it anyway.

Holly

I'll be able to get Josh a bunch of it for this fall and winter. Today we had someone leave fliers on our door with a coupon for $10 off a $20 or more purchase. I brought it in the house pretty soon after it was left (I saw it not long after we got back from Hannah's school and it wasn't there when we came home). A few minutes later, Hannah came insaide w/ another one and asked if I had put it back on the door. I guess whoever was delivering them saw it was gone and thought they missed us.
So I'm going to use them to get $40 worth of clothes for $20. I'm going to see if my neighbor is going to use his too.

keri1292

I'm confused. How can those coupons be real? It seems to good to be true. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC