4 year old in MA70 vs original MA **pics**

TXDani

Senior Community Member
My 36lb son who will be 4 in one month went with me to BRU today. They had the MA70 so I snapped some pics to compared to how he fits in his MA.

I thought the seat was very nice and I would buy one if I needed a convertible in a heartbeat. I don't feel like he has any less room in the MA70 and he didn't seemed squished at all. I do not know his height and can't measure now because he fell asleep on the way home and is still sleeping.:love:

(Don't mind the fact that he doesn't really match...he wanted to change his shorts on the way out the door)
ma70012.jpg

ma70013.jpg

There were about 6-8 more notches of height above this setting.
ma70015.jpg

Highest setting
ma70023.jpg

He flipped out when I turned him rf'ing (it scared him) so I couldn't get him to put his head back but he could definitely rf in this seat for a while longer height wise.
ma70033.jpg

ma70034.jpg

Best pic I could get of his overall fit in the MA
ma70036.jpg

ma70039.jpg

Slot height left in MA
ma70042.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

Mommy0608

What a cutie! :love: Great pics, thanks for sharing!

I'm not sure that he really has much room left to RF in height-wise, or maybe I just can't tell from the angle. :eek: Are you counting the headrest? I think they say that you have to measure from the top of the shell, not the headrest unfortunately (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

TXDani

Senior Community Member
What a cutie! :love: Great pics, thanks for sharing!

I'm not sure that he really has much room left to RF in height-wise, or maybe I just can't tell from the angle. :eek: Are you counting the headrest? I think they say that you have to measure from the top of the shell, not the headrest unfortunately (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

It is the angle...I just couldn't get him to lean back and take a picture because I had to hold the seat up. But he had about 3" of shell left above his head (not counting the headrest...although if you could that would be awesome!).

tl01

What a cutie!! He must be all legs and have a short torso. I might get a BLVD70. If I thought he'd fit that well at 3.5, I'd buy it in a heart beat!

cpsaddict

Oh my, he is a handsome guy! I am really liking my Marathon 70 and I am honestly thinking the height issues are not as bad as they seem. My DD is very tall and has plenty of grow room.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC