Another "Who Goes Where?"

morninglori

Situation: My friend and her MIL are going to the library this afternoon with 5 kiddos (her two kids, nephews and niece), and the follwowing seats.

DNe1: 7yo, LBB (not sure which one)
DNe2: 6yo, LBB
DNi: 3yo, FF, Truefit
DS: 3yo, FF, EFTA
DD: 5yo, GN-harness

They are driving a Honda Oddesey with captain chairs in the middle row.
Headrests and l/s for everyone in the third row.

MIL is pretty thin, and can squeeze between seats if needed.

What would be the best configuration for a one time, just today trip?

I told her I would ask over here and get back to her soon.

TIA!

ADS

christineka

I'd try the nautilus, efta, then true fit in the middle of the third row with backless boosters on the sides. Whichever fits better, put the others in the captain's chairs.

Maedze

I think the most likely 'puzzle' is the EFTA in the middle of the third row (don't forget the top tether), with a backless booster on either side, and then the Nauti and True Fit in either captain's chair.

morninglori

The EFTA center back is a no go...the handles on the LBB hit the shell of the carseat and the vehicle armrests.

The LBB are evenflo ones - from KMART according to MIL.

I went over there and we tried the TrueFit in the middle as well and still no good...

are we looking at harness in the front seat type situation?

morninglori

So my friend's FIL saved the day today, and came out and took the GN and one of the LBB kids in his car, so everyone could go to the library...

Thanks for the ideas, I think that she was very surprised that she couldn't fit everyone in her van, even though she had enough seatbelts.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC