Weird carseat question Little people

mominabigtruck

I got to thinking because I was watching the show on TLC about the primordial darwfs and they had a little girl that was ffing in what I thought was a triumph, should little people be in carseats longer? They showed this little girl and apparently she was only like 12lbs ffing. And then I was thinking about a show on little people I saw a couple of weeks ago and they had kids and not a single one of them was in boosters but they were all smaller then my oldest and were in the age group where they should be in boosters.

ADS

LuvBug

IMO yes, they should still be in carseats. I watch those shows every time they come on and think how certain could even still be RFing lol!
They should definitely still be in harnesses though, considering there is no way a 12lbs 20" child is going to fit properly in an adult seatbelt, even with a booster.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
IMO yes, they should still be in carseats. I watch those shows every time they come on and think how certain could even still be RFing lol!
They should definitely still be in harnesses though, considering there is no way a 12lbs 20" child is going to fit properly in an adult seatbelt, even with a booster.

Man, talk about traveling in comfort. I'd get the most comfy, expensive carseat available and use it the full time before it expires. I wish I had a comfy carseat for long drives! I guess there is *one* huge plus to being a primordial dwarf. I too watch all the shows I can on many different topics effecting people, I love "My Unique Family".

Dillipop

In one of the austin powers movies, mini-me was in a car seat in one of the scenes. Just because someone is an adult/teenager doesn't mean a seatbelt is safe. If someone is small enough to not have the belt fit well, they should use a booster or 5 point. I have heard of some tiny grandmothers of people on this board using a booster to help the belt fit better.

LuvBug

What about Little people adults though? or even teens? I dunno
if anyone cant fit in to an adult seatbelt properly then they need to remedy it, reguardless of age or size. For someone as small as them a harness seat, or a booster would be appropriate. For the ones that are extremely tiny a harness seat would probably be the only way to remedy it, while the larger ones could deal with a booster.
I think for the ones that would fit a kid-y would be the best solution, dont they not expire?? or have a really long period.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Primoridal dwarfism is very rare but causes EXTREME small size. There is one little girl, Kenadie, who weighs about 8-10 pounds, I think. Personally, I think kids with primodial dwarfism should be RF. I understand that adults who drive can't be RF, but kids should be!!

broken4u05

I saw one show were the girl was like 3 and under 20 pounds and i think she should be RF. but what about regular dwarfism? The types that are most common. Do the same laws aply? i am not talking about what should be because they should be in boosters or whatever but like law wise. do they have to still be in it till a certain weight limit?

bbartlettnfld

There is a boy in my class who was born premature, at 6mos gestation he might have weighed a pound. Anyway he is 5 now and tips the scale at 20lbs. He sits in a Carseat FF, He should be RF because of how tiny he is. But he's the only child in my class that is restrained in anything other that the seatbelt, and some don't even use that. He goes up to the waists of all the other 4-5 yr olds in my class!
Needless to say he is the most popular kid in my class!
BethAnn

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Primoridal dwarfism is very rare but causes EXTREME small size. There is one little girl, Kenadie, who weighs about 8-10 pounds, I think. Personally, I think kids with primodial dwarfism should be RF. I understand that adults who drive can't be RF, but kids should be!!

Yeah, she was 9# and 27" at 3. :) My first though was, wow, they'd get a lot of use out of any carseat they chose!

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
I thought about that one day while I was watching Little People, Big World. The Little People on that show, however, have the type of dwarfism that they have normal sized torsos, so they would fit in an adult seatbelt properly for the most part. However, they don't even wear their seatbelts on that show half the time. :mad:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I thought about that one day while I was watching Little People, Big World. The Little People on that show, however, have the type of dwarfism that they have normal sized torsos, so they would fit in an adult seatbelt properly for the most part. However, they don't even wear their seatbelts on that show half the time. :mad:

The mother, Amy, and the son, Zach, have achrondroplasia. The father, Matt, has another type of dwarfism, but I can't remember what it is. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC