Is the Maestro going to 65 lbs?

Irishmama

I've seen in several different places the Evenflo Maestro is listed as the Maestro 50? I know that sometimes that's an indication that the weight limit will be increased in the near future. I was going to call Evenflo to ask, but anytime in the past I've called them about other things, no one in CS seems to know anything. Heck, they argued with me that one of my Triumph 40's was not recalled. :rolleyes:

I was just curious and wondered if anyone knew, cuz that's what I wonder about at 2 a.m. when I can't sleep. ;)

ADS

gigi

This is GREAT to know, as I am pretty sure I'll be getting at least 1 in the near future. Any idea how soon it will come out (1st Q next year, 2nd Q, etc)?

glockchick

Bump to ask if anyone knows when.

Also, any chance the weight limit change will be retroactive? I'd love to get a couple of the $60 Amazon ones now but would love the 65 lb limit.

Mae

Retroactive weight changes are usually rare. I've only ever heard of them happening to the Radians.

glockchick

:(

Do we have a time line on the 65's? Or even an educated guess?

My plan to switch the GN to my car for Abigail on the weekends isn't working so well so I'd like to get her a dedicated harnessed seat. The Maestro would work better than the GN because it's narrower but she's 45 lbs already.

ETA: I'd really prefer for her to be in the Frontier, but it's just not in the budget right now. :(

luvsviola

Awesome! I'm due in March and would love to pass DD's Radians to the new baby, and get these for grandma and DH's car.

With the 65 pound weight limit, are we going to see any higher shell?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
No, I believe they're just re-testing. They did make it able to recline 5 more degrees, tho.

Irishmama

Thanks for all the replies everyone! That's great to know, I can't wait to see if they have new covers too! :)

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
Since it's been about 3 months since the last post to this thread, does anyone have any more info on when the weight change might happen? I know the recall delayed it, but still just wondering of anyone has heard anything.

ctbcleveland

Kalinky - My understanding is that the testing began in the spring (like around May). I was told that under normal circumstances, the process takes only a few months. However, with the recall, the timing would be delayed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC