2010 or 2011 Odyssey?

serickso

Just curious as to how you know that the 2011 version will have 5 latch pairs. I've poked around the internet a bit and have read different things.

ADS

BrookeSLP

Information should start hitting the web in a few hours!

We've been following the '11 Odyssey's release. I was very excited about it until we saw that the head room for the driver passenger is only 38.2 inches. My DH is tall and I am pretty sure he isn't going to fit. Our '04 Ody has 41 inches of head room. Sigh.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I think you might be surprised about the difference between overall height and seated height. It's like with carseats.

-Nicole.

BrookeSLP

I think you might be surprised about the difference between overall height and seated height. It's like with carseats.

-Nicole.

Headroom is measured vertically from the seat base to the lowest part of the roof lining. I am hoping that the moon roof is what is causing the lower number and that he will actually fit. When he car shops, he pulls up a database for tall people that lists the legroom and headroom of vehicles and then test drives those that he will fit in. He needs a minimum of 39 inches to sit up straight comfortably in a vehicle.

npauli

We've been following the '11 Odyssey's release. I was very excited about it until we saw that the head room for the driver passenger is only 38.2 inches. My DH is tall and I am pretty sure he isn't going to fit. Our '04 Ody has 41 inches of head room. Sigh.

39.7 w/o moonroof (EX and below)
38.3 w/ moonroof (EX-L and above)

I have a strong preference for no moonroof, but I'm tempted by all the goodies they offer on the higher trims.

I'm excited about the 2011 ody, and even more so w/ the latest batch of info released. Now if they just made the moonroof optional on higher trims...

BrookeSLP

39.7 w/o moonroof (EX and below)
38.3 w/ moonroof (EX-L and above)

I have a strong preference for no moonroof, but I'm tempted by all the goodies they offer on the higher trims.

I'm excited about the 2011 ody, and even more so w/ the latest batch of info released. Now if they just made the moonroof optional on higher trims...

Right. We want the highest trim model, with no moonroof. I think our dealer will have them the first week of October. Can't wait to see it in person!

turtlejd

The 2011 looks amazing! We ended up getting a 2010 right before all the info came out. I figure there will be no dealing on the 2011's for awhile and we were ready to get a car now. We didn't want to have to deal with getting a car after school started, so we got a 2010 EX-L and I LOVE it! It replaced my '97 Honda Civic and I never thought I'd love a car so much, but this is just the best most comfortable/convenient thing ever. So easy to install carseats and get the kids in and out. :love:

kalohabreeze

The 2011 looks amazing! We ended up getting a 2010 right before all the info came out. I figure there will be no dealing on the 2011's for awhile and we were ready to get a car now. We didn't want to have to deal with getting a car after school started, so we got a 2010 EX-L and I LOVE it! It replaced my '97 Honda Civic and I never thought I'd love a car so much, but this is just the best most comfortable/convenient thing ever. So easy to install carseats and get the kids in and out. :love:

What did you end up paying for it if you don't mind me asking :) :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC