2010 or 2011 Odyssey?

turtlejd

We finally decided on getting a 2010 Honda Odyssey, but now I'm wondering if we should wait for the 2011? I was hoping to get a deal on a 2010 even though I know they're running low in stock at the moment. We're due with #3 in November. All 3 kids will be in harnessed seats. It would be nice to get the car before the baby arrives and I'm pretty sure that since the 2011 will be so new, we'll probably have to pay more for it. The 2011 looks a tad cooler, but I'm just getting the car for function. I'm also a teacher and we're starting school in 2 weeks, so I was kinda hoping to get the car situation all squared away before school starts. It's not necessary, but would nice.

Would you just get the 2010 or wait for 2011? Thanks! :)

ADS

Depends on the deal. Right now, I'm inclined to wait simply because in my area, they're really not dealing the Odyssey that much. Yes, more than normal, but not worth it to have an older generation (altho it's not like the old one is bad or anything).

turtlejd

I'll try to wait until next week!

I'm not sure if the deal I'm getting is good or not. It's lower than the TMV on Edmunds and considered a great price on Overstock. I'm just thinking that buying the 2011 right when it comes out, I'm probably going to have to pay closer to invoice since it's so new. Unless they're offering the backup camera in a lower model.....maybe I should wait. :confused:

Right now we're looking at the EX-L just because I want a backup camera. We don't really care if there's leather, I've just become reliant on the backup camera in the Prius and driving such a big car....I really want to get a backup camera.

lovinwaves

After having the first year of this latest generation model (2005), we would probably in the future wait a year or two after the newest model comes out. So that would be a 2012 model for us. Just our opinion though ;)

The 2010 model is superb, and definitely still an awesome van!!! You won't be disappointed, especially if you can get a kick butt deal on one! :)

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Normally I would agree--I always avoid the first model year. I did it with my Sienna, and I've done it in the past for every vehicle I've owned actually. Used or new. However, I'm not convinced that the 2011 redesign of the Odyssey is so extreme as to warrant avoiding the first model year. I guess we'll see.

-Nicole.

QuassEE

Yeah, I can read. The generation you and I have (older) seems to be more an extreme upgrade as compared to current (2010-2011). The changes for 2010-2011 seem pretty minor--even cosmetic.

kalohabreeze

Well I just got back from dealing with the dealership...

List price on EX L fully loaded 37,700 abouts..
Offer they gave me 36,800
Leaving store 31,100
My deal as of now as I told them when I was tired of waiting two hours for them to give me a frickin price.. .. 28,000 firm.. call me when the 11's come out :p But I am a deal bi*** :p

So.. I am willing to wait till the 2011's come out.. because they will be maybe a grand or two more expensive.. but if they won't come off their price on the 2010s... I don't see the point in buying a 2010. Not when I could have an 11 for the same price.. plus NO JUMP SEAT and can fit 3 FULL size car seats in the middle row.. heck yeah!

turtlejd

Nicole: thanks for the info about the back up camera. Everyone I've talked to seems to think that's one of the things that's hard to add aftermarket.

And, I was quoted $29,825 for an EX-L. Is that a good price? According to Overstock it's a great price for my area and below the TMV on Edmunds, but I don't know how accurate that is. I live in Los Angeles.

QuassEE

Yeah, $29,825 is a good price. I usually find that CarsDirect and Overstock have amazing prices (CarsDirect is $30,018 in LA) so that gives you something to go on. Below the lowest of those is generally very good. Of course you might be able to wait it out and get a more desperate dealer.. :) As soon as those 2011s hit the dealerships, the 2010s will be harder to sell...I would think especially the EX-Ls and Tourings.

-N.

lougatzo

I'm in the same boat. We have a 2.5 yo and twins coming in February. The 2010 has 3 LATCH seat positions, the 2011 has 5. I'm waiting for the 2011.

turtlejd

I'm in the same boat. We have a 2.5 yo and twins coming in February. The 2010 has 3 LATCH seat positions, the 2011 has 5. I'm waiting for the 2011.

That's a good point. LATCH is so convenient....DD's outgrown LATCH though and I'm so used to seatbelt installs with my '97 Civic. That's awesome that 2011 has 5 though! :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC