pics of kids in the VIVO and Britax Parkway SG

todzwife

I'm trying to decide between these two seats. I have a skinny skinny almost 7 YO who still fits in his RNXT, but probably won't for much longer...his shoulders are at the top slots.

I'm looking at these two because I've heard they fit thin, narrow kids well. I'd love to see any pics!

ADS

Cryssy Jane

Here's Zach in the RNXT, the vivo and the parkway sg. He's nearly 6, 42lbs, about 16.25 torso, 46 inches tall. He was at top slots on the radian.

IMG_0836.jpg
100_1538.jpg
headrest all the way up:
100_1522.jpg
100_1544.jpg
headrest all the way up:
100_1521.jpg

the differences in the vivo/sg photos are a day. When we went to try boosters on the first day, his bottom was scooted forward in some pictures so we went back the next day.

todzwife

That is so helpful! Did he have a preference as to which was the most comfortable?

DS still has a good 3 inches above his head in the RN...he's ALL legs.

Cryssy Jane

he really liked the vivo, but if your DS is longer legged he would probably like the parkway more. The parkway offered more leg support.

mommyof3tx

I don't have Vivo pics but my 7yr old is in a Parkway now and is close to your DD's size. He is about 48.5in or so now, maybe 49 and varies between 49-50lbs

37666_413967226266_515016266_4704607_5713287_n.jpg

37666_413967231266_515016266_4704608_797255_n.jpg

35168_413967286266_515016266_4704610_5778552_n.jpg

My 5yr old also has one and it fits him really well too. Before this seat my 7yr old was in a turbobooster which he was coming close to outgrowing. He loves the parkway, says it's much more comfortable and can sleep comfortably in it laying his head on the head wings. He def won't need another booster before he can fit in an adult seatbelt safely.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Is the Vivo still actually for sale anywhere? It's discontinued, the Probooster is the new Recaro, and it's better, it has deeper leg support and shoulderbelt guides that fit a little better in more types of cars.

Cryssy Jane

Is the Vivo still actually for sale anywhere? It's discontinued, the Probooster is the new Recaro, and it's better, it has deeper leg support and shoulderbelt guides that fit a little better in more types of cars.

Taken from the tech section:

vivo is still being made, is NOT being discontinued. Production restarted, coming from China, backordered till September

a_js

I don't have pics (sorry!) but have a similar size kid--47" and 49 lbs if I recall correctly from our last doctor visit. He's very narrow and solid, with a long torso. I don't think you could go wrong with either seat. We have both, and I've been very happy with them. The Parkway SG does have more leg support than the Vivo and has the SG clip, so I have him ride in that in my car (which is where he rides 95% of the time) and then the Vivo is in my parents' car.

todzwife

Wonderful :) I'll start saving for a parkway. Hopefully I'll have enough amazon GC before he outgrows his RN!

a_js

FYI, they are 20% off at diapers.com right now, and with a referral code you can save $10 on a pack of diapers (basically gets you a free small pack) if you're a first time customer.

todzwife

FYI, they are 20% off at diapers.com right now, and with a referral code you can save $10 on a pack of diapers (basically gets you a free small pack) if you're a first time customer.

I wish I had the money right now but I *just* bought a coccoro for our little meatball and I'm totally spent for the next few months. I have a turbobooster I can put him in if he has a wicked growth spurt and doesn't fit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC