GN lap belt placement pics please

mburks26

Does anyone have any good pic of lap belt good or bad?
The drama continues I have to have dds cousin 2 time a week maybe more in a month or so after school now. Every other Friday is bank day so I have to take both girls and MIL does not get home till after the bank closes.
DD is in I don't want to share my vivo with anyone stage and to prevent the fights going to let dd cousin in the GN as booster. She has outgrown the harness in the GN and I will not use her boosters she has Evenflo big kid and Turbo as both were in cars that were in a wreck the seats were not used and they show no signs of stress as well they were not buckled in either but still I am not taking that chance. The turbo is missing half the foam on the head rest as well but does have the screws in now thanks to me. Mom just doesn't care she even allows her to go backless not even 5 (will be in end of NOV) yet but 60 lbs and 45-47 inches tall and a long torso. I am buying a Pronto ( truck has headrest) for her as soon as I have extra funds and will end up getting a another Vivo I need something that fits the Civic as its going to be used more now and the Vivo is the only high back that fits the seats. Recaro said they were still making the Vivos.

I need to triple check the lap belt placement. It seems high the last time she was in the seat. I didn't get pics of her in the seat will try to Friday.
But here is my dd 5 45lbs and 45-47 inches tall.
Also pics of my dd in Vivo
Does the GN look good or not too me its looks high. Don't mind the shoulder belt I know how to check that just taking pics of the lap belt and we were not going anywhere.

ADS

mburks26

Thats my dd so crap I think it fits the same way on the cousion wonder why if the child has outgrown the harness has a long torso. Why is it not working.

Maedze

The lap belt fit on the GN is highER than the Vivo but that doesn't mean it's not safe. The belt is positioned on the hips and lap, and you can see the hips are palpable well above the top of the lap belt.

Pixels

I'd call it acceptable, but not great. The rule is as low as possible, touching the thighs. It's touching.

mburks26

Would you use it once and hopefully by next time (should be in 2 weeks) I have to take both of them I can have the Cosco Pronto.

firemomof3

Here is my then 6.5y/o in her GN in booster mode. I liked the fit :thumbsup: The lap belt is not over the top of her upper thighs like in the Vivo but it is still low over her pelvis and below her hip bones:
spring2010031.jpg

spring2010032.jpg

mburks26

Thanks humm what to do I now I can get a Pronto by next payday but if the GN works maybe use it longer and then just get another Vivo when they are in stock since I have to get one anyway.

mburks26

yes I called 3 times and they said they are just out of stock but should be back in stock soon. They did not discontinue them. I so glad to as its the only seat that fits in the Civic with at least 20 inch belt guides which I need. I haven't tried the Pro Booster but the bottom looks wider the the Vivo and anything wider wont do. I haven't seen the new Compass booster B570 since its got 19 inch guides. Wish they had the pink still.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC