Mazda5 2011 info to share

littleangelfire

I know this thread's a bit older, but wanted to add that we test drove a 2010 Mazda 5 last night (and again this afternoon...and now it's sitting in my driveway:D). The sales manager we spoke with said they are now expecting the 2012's quite early in the new year, perhaps as early as February.

We drove the manual GT model. It has a manual transmission & a power moonroof...both standard on the GT. Must just be available like that in Canada.

Well allow me to say.... :p:p:p:p lol I'm jealous. That you got yourself a new one and that in Canada you get that option. But - enjoy your new wheels!!:)

ADS

cookie123

Can anyone comment on the fact that dh recently read in some review that the 5 has a lot of wind noise or maybe just interior noise or is noisy or some such thing. That really bothers me about my Tribute. I have to turn the books on CD waaay up!

amyd

Can anyone comment on the fact that dh recently read in some review that the 5 has a lot of wind noise or maybe just interior noise or is noisy or some such thing. That really bothers me about my Tribute. I have to turn the books on CD waaay up!

I took it on the highway both last night and today and didn't notice that it was extremely noisy. Although I did have a 2 year old in the back seat so take my observations with a grain of salt:p

The dealer also had a spec sheet on the 2012 and explained to me the changes. The engine will be a bit bigger (2.5L vs 2.3 now), it'll be a 6 speed manual shift instead of 5, satellite radio available, and a couple other minor feature changes. As well as the body redesign. Nothing outstanding that made us want to wait for the 2012. Also the 0% finance rate is attractive, especially considering we don't have a huge downpayment to put on it right now. We haven't signed the papers yet but hope to on Monday. Dealer let us have it for the weekend to try and I'm using every excuse I can to run errands:p

amyd

ugh. I'm drooling. Wonder if it'll be the same options here? Likely not. Americans don't even want to have to shift through 5 speeds, let alone 6! lol

Yeah, manuals seem to be a bit more popular here in Canada. Perhaps because gas costs so much more here. I've personally never driven a 6 speed so don't tell me what I'm missing, k?;)

ugh. I'm drooling. Wonder if it'll be the same options here? Likely not. Americans don't even want to have to shift through 5 speeds, let alone 6! lol

I think it's very likely. Not worth the costs to have a 5 speed for one country right next to another that has the 6 speed. With all the Zoom Zoom advertising, it just makes more sense to not have the complexity of two manuals and lose marketing advantage.

Either you're willing to shift, or you're not. If you're willing, you understand the advantages of having 6 speeds instead of 5.

amyd

I think it's very likely. Not worth the costs to have a 5 speed for one country right next to another that has the 6 speed. With all the Zoom Zoom advertising, it just makes more sense to not have the complexity of two manuals and lose marketing advantage.

Either you're willing to shift, or you're not. If you're willing, you understand the advantages of having 6 speeds instead of 5.

Like I said above, I've only ever driven a 5 speed...what's the difference/benefit in having 6 speeds?

Like I said above, I've only ever driven a 5 speed...what's the difference/benefit in having 6 speeds?

Other than having one extra gear to cycle thru, it's better in every way. Better mpg, faster, better able to keep engine at the rpm you want, etc.

littleangelfire

Well here's hoping! The dealer who has sold my family our last 4-5 vehicles let me test drive a 6 speed Honda Accord. It. Was. Awesome! I used to want to smack my ex b/c (well for many reasons...) he refused to let me drive is 35th Anniversary special Trans Am Ram Air WS-6 6 speed.

See, I don't know about that. I've had 2 friends who owned 4 speed manuals (both older cars - a Geo Metro ICK and Toyota Tercel, at least I think it was a tercel, could've been a corolla) and they didn't take issue with it, but wouldn't drive a 5 speed. Even though the 4 speed left their RPMs dangling really high whenever on the highway.

See, I don't know about that. I've had 2 friends who owned 4 speed manuals (both older cars - a Geo Metro ICK and Toyota Tercel, at least I think it was a tercel, could've been a corolla) and they didn't take issue with it, but wouldn't drive a 5 speed. Even though the 4 speed left their RPMs dangling really high whenever on the highway.

They're just weird/dumb.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC