Outgrown SS1 at 6 months old (I think!) PICS

fyrfightermomma

I know NannyMom said she wanted a pic of J outgrowing his SS1. I'm not sure how much time he has left (if any). We stopped using it this week cause I really only saw an inch eyeballing it. He fits basically the same in the car so we decided it was done. I hate figuring out how much time is left. So this is outgrown basically right?

He outgrew the KF30 at just about 3 months old. Excuse the face. It was supposed to be nap time, not take pictures in car seat time :p

This pic was today. He is 6 months, 29" and 22 lbs. I don't know his torso but he wears a size 18 months

100_3373.jpg

100_3372.jpg

100_3376.jpg

The cover doesn't stay on so that's why it's off in this pic. We just gave up putting it back on : )

And for comparison. Here he is in the outgrown KF30 at just under 3 months old I believe. He was probably 26" and I have no clue on the weight. Maybe 18 pounds? He wore 6-9 month clothes then.
101_3032.jpg

101_3035.jpg

ADS

Mylilboyblue

Oh my he is soooo cute and such a BIG BOY! I LOVE the cheeks!

My little guy is following in your little guys footsteps. He is already waaay over the bottom slot of the SS1 at 6 weeks. He has a MONSTER torso and is very tall. He is wearing 3-6 months in most things now.

Maedze

Holy crap.

I know you said you don't think you need a tall seat because his growth may slow down, but I'm going to respectfully disagree :eek:

My 75th percentile daughter had more room in that seat at TWO YEARS.

I would look only at the Radian, Complete Air or True Fit at this juncture, probably the Complete Air because its shell is as tall as the TF while having the 40 pound limit.

ETA: the seat is outgrown. He has less than 1" of clearance. I wouldn't use it again.

tiggercat

:eek: that is wild.

Looks outgrown to me.

Sam outgrew his before a year (just) but that is just incredible.

He is adorable :))

NVMBR02

Holy big baby! :eek::love:

He is a cutie, love the cheeks!!

I agree that I would look at seat with nice tall shells. While it is likely his growth will slow at some point, it is hard to say when. I know you said you have 2 Radians you can move him into when you need to but how long do you have until you think S will be booster ready, 2ish years?

mcomommy

My son is big like that too. :love: We went with the Radian XTSL and he is over the second to last slot right now rear facing at 2 (has been over it since 18 months). He has a bigger torso then my average sized almost 4 year old. So I agree about getting a nice tall seat, my son has a had a growth slow down but is still growing fast imo. Between one year and two years he gained 1.5 and 3.5 inches. And for the future my son is very much like my first daughter who is *this* close to out growing the Nautilus in harness mode at 5.5 years.

canadiangie

Yup, outgrown.

:eek:

Radian or Complete Air would be what I'd look at. I know you don't like the TrueFit.

ETA: my nephew outgrew his SS1 right at his first birthday, weighing 29 pounds. I could not believe how 'perfect' he was for that seat. A Graco dream come true.

SavsMom

Wowsers :eek:

My daughter would have just outgrown her SS1 a few months ago at 2.5!
He's a big boy - and super cute as well!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Wow. He is adorable!

I think I would be looking at a Radian or True Fit at this point. :) I think you said S has Radians, right?

ETA: Never mind. I just saw that you said you hate the TF and are not pleased with the way the Radians fit in your vehicles.

emandbri

Wow, when I opened the thread I thought surely she is mistaken! ;)

Elizabeth fit until around 18 months.

msg221

Wow! Ella still fit in that seat (barely) at 2.5! He us a cutie!

I was going to say the same about my goddaughter! She also had a SS1 and she would probably just now be outgrowing it at 27 months and she still wears a size 18 month clothes!

J is so darn cute!!

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I know you said you don't think you need a tall seat because his growth may slow down, but I'm going to respectfully disagree :eek:

:yeahthat: from a mom who's BTDT. :eek: I've been waiting almost 5 years for my boy's growth to slow down. :rolleyes: He just recently maxed out the Nautilus. :thumbsdown:

WOW! Olivia only just outgrew that seat not all that long ago! I even have the exact same pattern- I love that pattern! I never pushed it to the end where she actually outgrew it but I stopped using it when she was close enough which was around 20 months and about 24lbs. I took pictures on that last day I used it but they are on my other computer and I'm not home.

Amazing how a seat can be outgrown by a 6 month old and still fit a 20 month old or older- yikes! Yet another reason why you can't put an age or standing height on a seat label :rolleyes:

natysr

Holy torso batman! He's such a cutie!

We never owned a SS1, but I did try Jordan in one in the store a while back.

He was right at 1" from the top when he was 2 years, 8 months old; 23 pounds; and 34 inches.

Spam

What a cutie :love: Austin outgrew the ss1 at six months also, and I had hoped his torso would slow down, but it didn't. He recently outgrew the MR at just over two years :(

fyrfightermomma

Holy crap.

My 75th percentile daughter had more room in that seat at TWO YEARS.

I would look only at the Radian, Complete Air or True Fit at this juncture, probably the Complete Air because its shell is as tall as the TF while having the 40 pound limit.

ETA: the seat is outgrown. He has less than 1" of clearance. I wouldn't use it again.

we've already stopped using it. His last ride was two weeks ago :( You reminded me though to go put his new seat in DHs car. He rarely goes in it so I havent done it yet. Mine as well be today.

We already have two XTs so I guess it would be pointless to buy more when we have two. I just hate them :(

It would probably make more sense to get one of the girls a seat then and give J the Radians right?

I have no clue what to get. Sophia is untethered right now. Yes I know the risks/benefits and have made the choice to do it in my car for these 8 months till E goes boostered and can have the untethered spot. Its the only set up in the van that works for us so its what Ive decided to do. Shes in a Radian with no seat in front of her and Im fine with it.

So it would need to be a seat that does well untethered.

Heres what I have to work with

1. GN
2. ProSport
3. RN
4. RN
5. RA 50
6. CCO(but will be outgrown in another few months)

So basically I need to buy one seat for one kid. LOL

i need two seats for each kid (one in each car) J should fit in the RA50 for a while so he would only need one Radian right now. And remember one FFing seat needs to do good untethered(remember ive made this decision already and no, a RFer cant go in that spot so try to work with me here lol). Both girls are FFing and will stay that way. E does ok in a booster but not ready for full time yet.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Wow, that's amazing. The SS1 is definitely outgrown; the KF had some room but of course that was ages ago and he's long outgrown it now.

Do you hate the CA as well?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Heres what I have to work with

1. GN
2. ProSport
3. RN
4. RN
5. RA 50
6. CCO

i need two seats for each kid. J should fit in the RA50 for a while so he would only need one Radian right now. And remember one FFing seat needs to do good untethered(remember ive made this decision already and no, a RFer cant go in that spot so try to work with me here lol). Both girls are FFing and will stay that way. E does ok in a booster but not ready for full time yet.

Could you try:

1. GN <--E in the least-used vehicle
2. ProSport <-- E in the most-used vehicle
3. RN <-- S, FF, in the most-used vehicle
4. RN <-- J, RF, in the most-used vehicle
5. RA 50 <-- S, FF, in the least-used vehicle
6. CCO <--J, RF, in the least-used vehicle

J still fits in the CCO, right?

Reactions: Mae

fyrfightermomma

Could you try:

1. GN <--E in the least-used vehicle
2. ProSport <-- E in the most-used vehicle
3. RN <-- S, FF, in the most-used vehicle
4. RN <-- J, RF, in the most-used vehicle
5. RA 50 <-- S, FF, in the least-used vehicle
6. CCO <--J, RF, in the least-used vehicle

J still fits in the CCO, right?

Barely LOL. That's why I needed a new seat. To replace the CCO. But if I give him the Radians instead then I would just buy one of the girls a new seat instead and shuffle seats. The girls fit in all the FFing seats (they are the same size)

I never thought of the RA50 FFing. It never crossed my mind. I should try it. I have no clue if height wise she fits but it's worth a shot! But I'd still need to buy someone a seat when the CCO is outgrown and J needs both Radians. Unless he makes it to spring then I could just booster E but I don't think he'll last that long.

Right now E is using the GN in DH's car. Maybe when J needs the other Radian I could get her a Maestro and that GN could be used in the untethered spot for S since it gets good numbers for untethered, right?

Is the GN better than the Radian untethered? IF it is, I could just give S the GN right now and figure something out. Anyone know if the new Frontier does well untethered?

Okay I have a clue I'm confusing everyone! LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC