Fontier 85 or ProSport?

jsmom

My DD is about to turn 4 and she is almost 40lbs. She is currently in a Radian but she complains a lot about her butt hurting if we are in the car for more than an hour. :eek: She has never complained while in her BV but that is being occupied by my niece right now. Sooo my question, which should i choose? We had a Frontier in the past but I sold it. The ProSport looks really plush but huge! lol For anyone that has used both, do you prefer one over the other? How easy are the Recaro seats to install? Thanks in advance.

ADS

TyAndCheyMommy

We love our ProSport- it is SO simple to install. We have had no issues installing it in at least 15 different vehicles! The top slots are bit smaller than the Frontier... The Frontier has been a big issue of insall for us- so I decided that it wasn't an option to even consider the new Frontier 85.
The ProSport is very plush (but the headwings are not as plush as they look- they are kind of hard)... It is a bit more difficult for my DS to strap himself in than in the frontier and regent... but he is figuring it out.
The install is super easy with both the latch and the seatbelt. If not using the latch- there are holders for them.
The harness is very easy to adjust- and move up and down.
There is a recline base on it that helps- we don't get any head slump...
The ProSport does not require a top teather... which is good because our van does not have them...

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The only thing that bugs me about the ProSport is when using it with a lap shoulder belt. Sometimes it will it right across the harness slot.

TyAndCheyMommy

About the lab/shoulder belt going right over harness slots... For us it has only happened in SOME vehicles.
My Suburban it does it... my moms impala not at all... My brothers cadilac only on the 2nd slot but not the 1 down from top... .

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC