Photos of my home sweet home

scatterbunny

We were talking about what a rural area I live in on another thread, so I figured I'd share some pics. :)

First is a pic showing the Oregon coastline, the red dot is my little town of about 4,000 people, which happens to be the largest city within my whole county. The pink dots represent the closest larger towns/cities.

The rest of the pics are just pretty shots from around town, all within 15 minutes of my house.

tillamookoregon.jpg

01_stream_tillamook_oregon.jpg
tillamookcapelookout.jpg
tillamookblimpbase.jpg

1.jpg
7.jpg
10.jpg

And a picture of a funny tradition we have every year at fair time, the Pig and Ford races (National Geographic has actually featured this in the magazine). They grease up pigs and have racers in Model T Fords (the hand-crank kind) racing around the racetrack, at each lap's end they must grab a new pig from the pen and hold onto it while racing the next lap. REALLY funny to watch, and a great "redneck" thing my town is known for.

tillamookpigfordraces.jpg

ADS

JaRylan

So pretty! When can I come visit? Where did you find the first picture that shows the towns and the land?

lovinwaves

Thanks for sharing Jenny. I have visited Oregon a couple of times, and have always left wishing I lived there. It is so clean and nice there.

My mom took my sister and I to the beach and we stayed in a condo for the weekend. That picture of the beach reminded me of it. I will have to find out exactly what city we were in.

Although, the water was cold it was still peaceful being near the water. We went one morning and picked up sand dollars. My sister and I thought that was pretty neat. Even though I have lived by the water my whole life (a lake) it is still nothing like "The Ocean" LOL! :)

scatterbunny

I've never lived anywhere other than northwest Oregon, between where I live now and the pink dots on my topography map. I've only visited Washington and California, never been off the west coast. I'd love to, sometime, but I know in my heart that the Pacific Northwest is meant to be my home

swags

My DH is from Astoria and wants to move back there, we are just having a hard time finding somewhere that he could work there.

scatterbunny

swags, I know what you mean. It's a low-income area, for the most part, and there aren't a ton of jobs that pay well. If we moved to a bigger city, Mark could make more money doing the same job--but we'd pay more for housing. There's so many trade-offs to living in various places.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Oh, it's beautiful! I'd love to live somewhere like that. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

scatterbunny said:
Come visit ANYTIME! :D

Okay, we might...! (I loved it when I spent a summer there. )

scatterbunny said:
I've only visited Washington and California, never been off the west coast.

Well, the invitation is open to visit us in the DC area... :D

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Hmm, I have relatives in OR... One of these days I'll actually visit them and then I'll have to swing by your house. :)

JaRylan

Open invitation to my house as well. We can do all kinds of fun stuff: hit the local stores to look at carseats, go to a bunch of garage sales looking for carseats, approach random people who are using bad seats, go car shopping and install and uninstall carseats in all kinsd of different vehicles. ;) :D :p We can do other non-related carseat stuff if you want to, lol.

Morganthe

Awww, now you've gone and made me REALLY homesick for the Great Northwest :( :p

I thought I had it pretty cool in Bellevue growing up -- 30 minutes to downtown Seattle or 30 minutes in the middle of the Cascades, but you've got the Beach AND the mtns all around you. I'd never leave either.

FWIW, you really don't have to go to Ireland or England. Those photos could have been taken in either country. Now all you need to do is get some Castles to nestle in the hills & Leperachauns for the misty woods & you'll be good to go for Ecotourism :D

psst, if you want me to work on your family history, I've been dealing with Lane & Multnomah counties next door to you for a very long time. Extending borders would be no big deal. Just drop a pm :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC