Friend needs help....

violets_mommy

I have a friend on facebook that has asked me for help with her son's carseats. Here is a copy of the messages:

As you know, I have 3 boys...

Zachary is 4 and weighs about 50lbs & 41 1/2" tall.
Brennon is 3 and weighs 29lbs & 28" tall.
Tripp is 9 months and weighs 17lbs & 32" tall.

I have a 2004 Isuzu Axiom.

I am looking for the cheapest (I'd love 3 radians but can't afford them with brennon's medicine and treatment cost) carseats for them. I need them to fit into my car.. and I'd like to buy 3 that they can sit in until they go to the backseat. I am 100% against booster seats (without a 5 point harness anyway)

I'm curious to know what are the best carseats that will fit into my car.

Can you help?? :) Thanks!!

-I responded and asked her what they are in now.

Cosco - Scenera 5-point convertible car seat-both boys are in this carseat

Evenflo- the cheapest one Wal-Mart sells (comes in a big plastic "bag") Tripp is in this one.

I plan on keeping Tripp rear facing as long as possible.

- So what do you all recommend?

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Yowza, the oldest needs out of that Scenera. He can't ride in it again, period.

The cheapest seat for him would be an Evenflo Generations, or a Graco Nautilus. I would pass the two Sceneras down to the two younger kids.

Qarin

She also needs to become less scared of booster seats. Not yet, but it sounds like she doesn't like them ever, and that's not going to work out well.

violets_mommy

I did tell her that he needs to be out of that seat, like last week... She just means no boosters for now since they are young.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I'm guessing the middle child has some special needs? Is the height and weight correct?

A booster may not be the best choice for a 4yo right now, but a 50# 4yo is going to need a booster in the not-too-distant future. And it is WAY better than a Scenera for him! He has outgrown the seat by weight and height.

Qarin

I'd like to buy 3 that they can sit in until they go to the backseat.

What does this mean? I decided, given the follow on "100% against booster seats" that it was meant to mean "until they can sit on the seat with just the seatbelt," but you say she's OK with booster seats later, so my interpretation may be wrong. ?

violets_mommy

I guess the height and weight are correct
I'm thinking the middle child does have some health issues but not really sure.

violets_mommy

Just looked up pictures on facebook. I'm thinkng the middle boy is 38 inches. He's almost as big as the older one. They are both FFing.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Okay. #1 cannot ride in the Scenera again, not even once. She needs to leave him at home or send someone out to buy something before he rides in a car again. If all she can find/afford is a booster seat right now, then that's what she needs to do, because he cannot ride in the Scenera again.

#2 is likely to outgrow the Scenera by height soon, if he hasn't already.

The Sceneras can be passed down to baby. #2 can ride in a Maestro, which is inexpensive and narrow. #1 -- a Nautilus would be best, but a Generations65 is also an option.

I tried to recommend narrow seats, but I'm not familiar with the Axiom, although I don't think it's super-narrow inside.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The Axiom is slightly larger than the Rodeo. DH has a 2000 Rodeo and we have two RF Sceneras and a RF Complete Air in it right now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC