Is RA55 shell taller than a Diplomat?

gigi

I'm trying to figure out what smaller convertibles are like out there (as they *do* have a place as travel seats and in tight fixes). Is the shell on the RA55 taller than a Diplomat/original Roundabout? How about highest harness position?

ADS

marjen

I'm trying to figure out what smaller convertibles are like out there (as they *do* have a place as travel seats and in tight fixes). Is the shell on the RA55 taller than a Diplomat/original Roundabout? How about highest harness position?

Yes, the shell on the new RA55 is taller than the Diplomat/Original RA. The Diplomat/RA shell height was 24.1 inches...the RA55 is 26 inches.

Per the Britax site, the top harness height for the Diplomat/RA was 15 inches...the new RA55 is 16.5 inches.

The new RA55 is the size of the new MA70/BLVD70...for an easy comparison.

The RA50 (yes, this is getting a little confusing lol)...which came out after the original RA, and is being retired...had a height of 26.9 inches and top harness height of 17 inches.

marjen

So which is taller the RA 50 or the 55? I have a 50 that I haven't used yet but want to know how the 55 compares height wise

According to the Britax specs, the shell height for the RA50 is almost an inch taller than the RA55. The top harness height for the RA55 is 1/2 inch lower than the RA50. For the shell height...not sure how the lower base plays into it.

Maedze

So which is taller the RA 50 or the 55? I have a 50 that I haven't used yet but want to know how the 55 compares height wise

According to the Britax specs, the shell height for the RA50 is almost an inch taller than the RA55. The top harness height for the RA55 is 1/2 inch lower than the RA50. For the shell height...not sure how the lower base plays into it.

The shell height of the old 50 is significantly taller than the new 55. I'm not sure about the top harness height, but the shell of the new seat is a lot shorter than the shell of the old 'big' seat. It's bigger than the original Roundabout, but not by a lot.

cpsaddict

The RA50 is much taller than the Diplomat. I have both and DD has outgrown the Diplomat rf at 16mths, but has tons of room in the RA50.

marjen

Actually, the Britax website says it's 15.75".

Fit Chart:
-Weight (lbs) -Height (in) -Seated Shoulder Height (in)
Rear Facing: 5 - 40 46 or less 9 - 15.75
Forward Facing: 1 year & 20, up to 55 12 - 15.75

http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/roundabout-55

Wendy

When you click on "Product Demo" through this link, and then the "Fit and Specs" tab...it says under "Harness Slot Heights in Inches" that the slots are 8.5, 11.5, 14, and 16.5.

gigi

I'm glad to know the shell is taller!

Are the top slots higher than the Diplomat's highest harness position?

It is hard to find the info out there (especially since it seems the MA70 has the same shell as the RA55 but higher harness slots?).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC