Britax Paisley cover...can you tell me about it?

Chila88

So Britax just added the Paisley cover to its Canadian site....yeah! I was so worried I was going to have to get something boring!

However, I've only ever had plush seat covers and am wondering if someone out there who owns it, or has had their hands on it can describe it to me since the seats haven't been released here yet, so I can't actually see it in person.

I understand its denim. Is it soft? Is it cozy? I live in a very cold climate, so the cozier the cover the better....will it feel cold to the touch when its the middle of winter?

They also added the Marathon in Allison. Oh my....luv it! However, my DD1 has a BV so I feel weird 'downgrading' to a MA for DD2. Like by not getting SIP for her, like I did for her sister, I'm neglecting her. Am I crazy for feeling this way???? Just from pics the new convertibles seem to come up higher on the sides anyway....does the shell itself offer more SIP now?

ADS

MomToEliEm

They also added the Marathon in Allison. Oh my....luv it! However, my DD1 has a BV so I feel weird 'downgrading' to a MA for DD2. Like by not getting SIP for her, like I did for her sister, I'm neglecting her. Am I crazy for feeling this way???? Just from pics the new convertibles seem to come up higher on the sides anyway....does the shell itself offer more SIP now?

What is the weight/age of your two kids? Do you really want to want a Britax seat or might you be willing to look at other seats? The newer Britax seats are nice, though they have reduced the shell size some so it might not last as long as the older ones. They are still nice though.

Chila88

DD1 is 2.5, but I haven't done her weight or height in a while. She's somewhere around 30lbs and is 38" or so. She rides in an '08 BV. DD2 is 6.5mos, almost 19lbs and between 27 and 28". She is just about done in her Peg Perego PVSIP, which is why I am looking for a new seat.

After reading all of the not-so-nice reviews on here about the new Britax seats, I did consider others. My mom and MIL have TF's in their cars....so I've used them quite a bit...but I really don't love the install, compared to the Britax. I did go check out the MR, but it just felt kind of cheap to me (cover, lack of padding etc) compared to my daughters Britax. As for Radian's, I drive a Sienna...so I've always just avoided them. Plus, I just don't love the tall skinny look.

I try not to live in the bubble...and I fully know that a Britax is no safer than others, and that there are others that offer better rf weight limits for less $...however (and please don't slaughter me :eek:) I"m more of a 2yr rf-er than a 3 or 4 year one. So as long as a seat can get my dd to at least 2yrs rear facing, it meets my goals.

The new seats should be able to get my DD to 2 rf correct? Are there any other seats I should consider?

MomToEliEm

Is DD1 rearfacing or forward facing? If she is forward facing, maybe pass down her boulevard to the younger child and get her a newer combination seat (possibly the Britax Frontier or the Graco Nautilus).

Athena

Yes, I do think the new ones have deeper sides. I've seen them IRL and it looked like it to me.

Chila88

Is DD1 rearfacing or forward facing? If she is forward facing, maybe pass down her boulevard to the younger child and get her a newer combination seat (possibly the Britax Frontier or the Graco Nautilus).

She is forward facing now.....so this had actually occured to me recently. What would be some reasons to go for this option? I'm having a hard time convincing myself this is the route to go.....not sure why....

As for the Nautilus vs the Frontier...any benefits of one over the other?

MomToEliEm

Both the 65 and 70lb version of the boulevard have about a 16.5-17" top harness slot.
The Frontier 80 and nautilus have a top harness slot of 18.5"
The Frontier 85 has a top harness slot of 19.5"

Typically a child will outgrow a carseat harness by height when the child's shoulders extend above the top slot or the child's ears extend above the top of the shell. Due to this, getting a carseat with a taller top harness slot should mean it will last the child longer.

The nautilus and frontier also convert into pretty decent booster seats, while the boulevard does not convert to a booster seat.

Do you have any stores near you which carry both the natilus and the frontier? If so, it might be worth a trip to play with them and see how they install in your vehicle.

msg221

So Britax just added the Paisley cover to its Canadian site....yeah! I was so worried I was going to have to get something boring!

However, I've only ever had plush seat covers and am wondering if someone out there who owns it, or has had their hands on it can describe it to me since the seats haven't been released here yet, so I can't actually see it in person.

I understand its denim. Is it soft? Is it cozy? I live in a very cold climate, so the cozier the cover the better....will it feel cold to the touch when its the middle of winter?

The Marathon still has SIP, just not what Britax calls "True Side Impact Protection" like what the BLVD has (do they mean the head wings?, assuming the Canadian models are the same as the American models.

autumnlily

I got to touch and feel the Paisley today.

It's not the super plush fabric. I'm not sure if it would feel cold to the touch but it is a denim like texture. I really love the pattern. It has big pieces of paisley so the detail is very nice.

I prefer the plush fabrics - so I am hesitant about the paisley. It is not as crinkly/smooth as the Chicco Keyfit but is headed in that direction if that makes sense.

I will have a better idea when I get to try out the seat on Wednesday. Hope that helps!

wavegal

I own the paisley, I love the print, Its a very soft material but not plush, not very denimy but looks it. It kind of reminds me of a thick calico if your familiar with fabric

Chila88

Thanks so much for your replies ladies....I was beginning to think that no one had actually seen this fabric!!!!

I wish I had an all plush option for the BV in Cda...but I don't! :( Have you guys ever felt an Onyx cover? I dislike the slippery, plastic-y feel of the fabric in the center part of an Onyx cover...I know they are very different types of fabric...but would you say that the denim Paisley is softer to the touch than Onyx is? I mean....if you had to strip to your birthday suit and roll around in 20 yards of one of those fabrics...would you pick the paisley??? :p

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
I mean....if you had to strip to your birthday suit and roll around in 20 yards of one of those fabrics...would you pick the paisley??? :p

:ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO:
I love how you phrased your question! Don't have an answer for you since I haven't seen Paisley IRL yet but IMO anything has to be better than the nylon-type fabric on the Onyx.

equilibrium

I was curious to these as well. The Onyx looks similar to baby's snugride 22 Metropolitan cover which is horrible, and sticky, and not comfy for babe. We are wanting a Boulevard (strictly for the head wings for babe's medical issue) but the covers aren't so nice :( I wonder if we try to wait, that Britax will release a plushy cover? Like Cowmoo or something (in the boulevard)????

Brycen'sMommy

I was curious to these as well. The Onyx looks similar to baby's snugride 22 Metropolitan cover which is horrible, and sticky, and not comfy for babe. We are wanting a Boulevard (strictly for the head wings for babe's medical issue) but the covers aren't so nice :( I wonder if we try to wait, that Britax will release a plushy cover? Like Cowmoo or something (in the boulevard)????

The Boulvard 70 comes in [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Boulevard-Convertible-Seat-Onyx/dp/B003OUWILW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1283456073&sr=1-1"]Cowmoo[/ame]

AngieInOH

I should be getting my Paisley Britax any day now.... and a MA in Cowmoo (I couldn't decide so i got both and am returning the one I like the least....maybe :eek:

I'll report back on the Paisley.

AngieInOH

I should be getting my Paisley Britax any day now.... and a MA in Cowmoo (I couldn't decide so i got both and am returning the one I like the least....maybe :eek:

I'll report back on the Paisley.

As promised I'm back to report on the Paisley print. I love the print! It's really nice looking. It is not soft/plush like cowmoo but it's not scratchy either. It's a nice material that will hide dirt and looks like it will clean up easily. Also, you're in Canada, so heat isn't probably much of an issue, but I do believe this material would be cooler than cowmoo.

Also, in some of the pictures online to me the fabric looks more like a greyish color. In person I would say the colors look more like a black tone, darker than what is pictured online. The picture on Britax.com seems to be pretty close to the actual color.

On a side note I did a bad thing by ordering both Paisley and Cowmoo!! I couldn't part with either one so we're going to sell our Britax Hannah that we purchased when we first found out we were having twins.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC