Here's ds in his new SS1

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
gracoseats003.jpg

This was taken before I took him out to the car. He fell asleep in it on our way home from the mall and I was impressed with the head support. It seems to have deeper side wings and even though the seat is installed more upright than his snugride, he didn't get the same kind of head droop. :)

And wow, I was amazed how easy it was to install the base. It was 3 mins from the time I started taking out the snugride base until I was done installing the SS base - and those darn snugride anchors are a pain. EZ-Latch my butt. :rolleyes:

Anyways, just wanted to share for those of you following from the other thread I had started. We got it for $140, which is $50 less than regular price, so it makes it worth it even if we only get another 6 mos from it.

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I'm *sure* you will get more then 6 months out of it! He has a TON of room above his head and he is almost at the age where they start growing in their legs more then their torsos!

He is adorable :D

snowbird25ca

Thanks guys. :D

Best thing besides the deal we got is that I listed his snugride on our local used.com site and somebody is supposed to be coming tomorrow to buy it. And it cover more than 2/3 of what we paid for the SS. :)

And I'm very glad to hear that legs start sprouting about this age... I was starting to wonder if he'd be wearing 18mo shirts and 6mo pants cause his legs were so much shorter...lol. :p

JaRylan

He looks so happy and comfy and pretty darn cute. That is an awesome deal you got on the seat and then to sell your old one for a good price too.

Brycen'sMommy

And I'm very glad to hear that legs start sprouting about this age... I was starting to wonder if he'd be wearing 18mo shirts and 6mo pants cause his legs were so much shorter...lol. :p

Ha ha. My 8 month old actually wears 18 mo shirts and onesies and 6-9 mo pants. He has a 12 in torso. I'm still waiting for him to sprout legs. :)

Your son is a cutie and I really like that pattern too.

snowbird25ca

Ha ha. My 8 month old actually wears 18 mo shirts and onesies and 6-9 mo pants. He has a 12 in torso. I'm still waiting for him to sprout legs. :)

Your son is a cutie and I really like that pattern too.

:p Thanks. Here's to hoping your ds sprouts some legs soon. ;)

The pattern is called Imperial. He's been real comfy in his seat in our errands today too and best of all, his old snugride is now out of the house and I spent the money on the clearance sale at our children's place outlet. :p

Thanks for all the comments everyone. I love sharing pic's of ds. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC