Newbies in CCO pictures?

Angela

I got to try my need CCO out today with a 2 month old I'm watching (12 lbs). Since he's under 15 lbs, we had to use the infant insert. I had a really hard time getting it tightened up with the insert in and it just didn't seem to fit the little guy very well. I did end up getting him in and the harness tightened, but I just wasn't happy with how it fit him. Anyone else have this problem?

ADS

LuvMyCharlie

This was last weekend, so she was a little under ten pounds. I think it's kind of an 'awkward' fit, myself. Tightened the straps as much as I could without her screaming at me. It looks loose but I wasn't able to pinch any slack beneath the covers:

4925067972_6669dec7b6_z.jpg

Spam

Tuck was 3 days and just trying out the fit in the house. He was 6lbs 2oz and 19.25" when we were discharged the day before. I found it to be a pretty good fit. It took a lot of pulling up at the hip and adjusting again, kind of playing with it. I'm still not using it on a regular basis.
tuckcs0003.jpg

Angela

That's what this little guy looked like too, it just seemed huge in the front, but I couldn't pinch any at the shoulders. I don't like the way it pushes out the hips, especially with his cloth diaper. I won't be using it much (2x/week), so I'm not too concerned. I'll be excited when he gets over that 15 lb limit though.

lpperry

Not a newbie, but here is Oliver at 9 months in the Coccoro with infant insert. I think he was about 15 pounds. It looked more comfortable without the insert, so we didn't use the insert.

nyhi86.jpg

Here is a baby who was 5 months (but he also was about 15 pounds).

IMG_5144-1-1.jpg

And here is a baby who was 3 months

IMG_5154.jpg

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Vera has said in the past, and you'd need to call Combi to verify, that if baby was under 15# and fit well w/out the insert you didn't have to use it. Olivia was over 6 mos before hitting 15# but looked ridiculous w/ the insert in it!

NVMBR02

Vera has said in the past, and you'd need to call Combi to verify, that if baby was under 15# and fit well w/out the insert you didn't have to use it. Olivia was over 6 mos before hitting 15# but looked ridiculous w/ the insert in it!

Yes. I took out the insert when Annika was about 13 pounds she was about 6 months and didn't need it. The harness fit great without it so I was comfortable using it without the insert.

natysr

This was Trevor coming home from the hospital at 27 hours old. He was born at 6 pounds 4 ounces, so he was probably about 6 pounds even in this picture. I thought it was a good fit.

883029260_iFZJC-M.jpg

This is Trevor today at exactly 3 months old. I find it to be a very good fit.

984336570_xWV8H-M.jpg

Angela

Trevor is a cutie and it looks like a really good fit on him. Maybe it's just because this little kiddo is chubby and it pushes his heiny out a bit. I'll try him without the insert next time I have him and see how he fits that way.

tl01

Here's DS2 at about 7 weeks. My complaint with the seat is the shoulder straps seem to be long and push the chest clip down. If they were any longer I'd take them off for now.
IMG_1578.jpg

Here he is at 3 month 3 weeks.
22880ec2.jpg

Angela

natysr- Do you mind if I ask what car you drive? It looks exactly like the interior of mine, including the seats. :)

I just emailed Vera to see what she has to say. I'll try him in it without the insert on Tues. when he's here. Thanks for the input!

natysr

t101-- he is TOO precious!

Nat-- I cannot believe how big Trevor has gotten! He is SO cute!

Thank you!

I am cracking up at comparing Trevor's 3 month fit to tl01's DS's 7 week fit....what a cutie he is!

Here I thought Trevor was getting big. :p

natysr- Do you mind if I ask what car you drive? It looks exactly like the interior of mine, including the seats. :)

I just emailed Vera to see what she has to say. I'll try him in it without the insert on Tues. when he's here. Thanks for the input!

That is a 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid.

Angela

It's amazing how similar it looks to my '07 Kia Rondo! I bet Kia tooks some 'hints' from the Honda's. :) I like your seats by the way too (and Trevor, of course). :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for the pics. I must admit that there sure are a lot of cute kiddos on this forum! :)

I'd like to thank you all for yet another thread to make me feel the need for a baby and possibly a CCO :whistle:

What cuties! thanks to all for sharing :eek: Looks like the CCO is a pretty good fit in the majority of cases.

NebraskaMom

OMG Trevor is an absolute doll in that picture (3 months). The expression looks like he's asking "why are you taking another picture of me in my carseat?"

tl01

Thank you!

I am cracking up at comparing Trevor's 3 month fit to tl01's DS's 7 week fit....what a cutie he is!

Here I thought Trevor was getting big. :p

DS2 did look huge in that pic... I misread the date earlier.... Looked at the wrong pic. He was closer to 10 weeks. Ooops... Hello lack of sleep!

lpperry

I am glad to see all the newborn pictures. I am going to bring my baby home from the hospital in the coccoro. Hopefully she fits!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC