For those of you with a baby that HATED the infant seat/bucket...

ADS

glockchick

My kids that hated infant seats hated all car seats. Does that count?

DD1 started in a snug ride 22 and then a Marathon both front and rear facing.

DS1 started in a Tribute, tried a Discovery, nothing helped.

They both just had to outgrow it. The rest of my kids were just the normal amount of grumpy in the car.

krasota

SafeSeat (1). He hated it. We moved to a Blvd at 7-8mo. He hated that, too.

He stopped screaming on short rides between 18-24mo. He started tolerating rides longer than 15min around 24mo. He started tolerating rides of an hour or more with entertainment (iPod Touch, DVD player, DH) around 3y.

I think he may have been less screamy in a seat where he could see out more easily. We have a sedan and those headwings just mean there's nothing to see.

NVMBR02

Chaperone.

She is now riding in a Coccoro and liked it from 3/4 months until recently. I am going to put in one of the Radians to see if she likes it any better.

My older two had a Snugride22 and they both did fine in the car.

Mags462

BabyTrend bucket that went to 22lbs.... DS3 HATED it.... he briefly had a coccoro which he did like, but i didn't like it as well in my van, so i swapped it for a TF which he loves equally as well :thumbsup:

Irishmama

DD1: 20 lb. front-adjust Snugride, liked her 40 lb. Triumph

DD2: 22 lb. front-adjust Snugride, hated the 40 lb. Triumph less than the SR but still wasn't happy. Wasn't real fond of her rf Radian 65 either, liked the MA better.

DS never cared about being in the car, he had the same seat as DD1. So at least I got a break in between screamers.

natysr

Jordan was in an Eddie Bauer Designer 22. Rear adjust. Later recalled.

Trevor is super happy in his Coccoro and super duper happy in his true fit premier.

equilibrium

Ds2 HATES his bucket seat -Graco Snugride 22 or something or other! It is Metropolitan fabric which gets super HOT. He screams the whole time he is in it. We are looking at the new Britax or a Radian for his new seat because I hate the fabric on the Complete Air that we were going to get.

Why do they hate the bucket seat so much?? Is it uncomfy?

Irishmama

I think DD1 didn't like hers because it had really bare bones padding and was uncomfy. DD2 just hated car seats for awhile. She was really, really colicky though. DS used the same bucket as DD! and didn't have a problem, but I'd also switched covers so it was more padded.

Neatfreak

Another 20 lb front-adjust SnugRide. But she hates the RFing 33lb MA as well, and I am sure that her new Radian will not break the trend either.

LuvMyCharlie

Charlie hated the rear-adjust Snugride 22 we had.

And then hated the Marathon.

And the True Fit.

And the Radian XTSL.

And the Scenera.

And the Crappysport.

And the...

Well, you get where I'm going. I've had him in approximately 16 different seats and he's had something to say about all of them. He just recently(as in last year) started enjoying car rides a little more. He's still only good for about two hours, though(per day).

Scarlett seems to be okay in her KF and CCO, though. :D

pastrygirl

Britax Companion for my older son, Keyfit30 for my younger son. Both were moved to a Marathon at around 3 or 4 months old because I couldn't stand the screaming anymore. ETA: He loved the Coccoro!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC